• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavicist

Field Marshal
15 Badges
Mar 1, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
cqESB3E.jpg

Can any of the devs confirm please if this is a beta oversight and will not be in the game in the end?

The South Slavs are according to this going to be Christian in the new bookmark - a century before their Christianization.

This would be a bit upsetting (even more than the lack of Serbia in that game).

IIRC, Serbia Christianized after Bulgaria didn't it? It makes no sense that Bulgarians are Pagan but not Serbs.
Croatia I can understand that it has Christian provinces here and there, but most of its rulers should be Pagan.

Serbia is not lacking on the map, it is just that Byzantinium conquered it as it treats Croatia and Serbia as the Holy Land -_- (seriously, they need to go out of their de-jure Empire)

IIRC, Serbia Christianized after Bulgaria didn't it? It makes no sense that Bulgarians are Pagan but not Serbs.
Croatia I can understand that it has Christian provinces here and there, but most of its rulers should be Pagan.

Serbia is not lacking on the map, it is just that Byzantinium conquered it as it treats Croatia and Serbia as the Holy Land -_- (seriously, they need to go out of their de-jure Empire)

That's not chronologically correct, if true (is there a good political map for CHR yet on the web?). The ERE didn't have it conquered back then.

Uhh, Bulgaria started converting in 864 (Boris), while Serbia started converting in 867.

That's not chronologically correct, if true (is there a good political map for CHR yet on the web?). The ERE didn't have it conquered back then.

Byzantines conquered it WHILE the players were playing the game... well if I remember correctly.

Uhh, Bulgaria started converting in 864 (Boris), while Serbia started converting in 867.

And Croatia somewhere between 785-802. 769 is too early for everyone.

As far as i know, the Carantanians were one of the first to convert, but they were still pagan at that time,....ofcourse Pdox doesnt give a shit...

In other words, almost completely pagan, except maybe the Adriatic coast.
But oh, there's something far worse going on.
You see, the culture in Bulgaria is Bulgarian, a Slavic culture.
Normal, right?
Well, yeah.
Except it's not, actually.
Because the religion of the provinces is Tengri.
Yes, Slavic Bulgarians (nonexistant at this time) are Tengri pagan.
In other words, PDS ignored logic.
The ruling elite of the Khanate of Bulgaria should be Turkic Bulgar/Tengri, while the provinces which are pagan should be Slavic (we don't know how PDS will handle the different Slavic cultures)/Slavic pagan.

Normal, right?
Well, yeah.
The ruling elite of the Khanate of Bulgaria should be Turkic Bulgar/Tengri, while the provinces which are pagan should be Slavic (we don't know how PDS will handle the different Slavic cultures)/Slavic pagan.

They wont, they wont do jack shit.

They wont, they wont do jack shit.

While not nearly as hateful as this poster, This is the kind of oversight Paradox usually does. It's definitely needing a change

While not nearly as hateful as this poster, This is the kind of oversight Paradox usually does. It's definitely needing a change

Well, thank you for branding me as a hateful man :p. Anyway, sure they've done oversights, but i doubt they are going to be changed, they just dont do that.

Well, thank you for branding me as a hateful man :p. Anyway, sure they've done oversights, but i doubt they are going to be changed, they just dont do that.

I haven't seen you post without cussing :p And yes they DO do that, They've changed many things because we've clamored enough for them.

I haven't seen you post without cussing :p And yes they DO do that, They've changed many things because we've clamored enough for them.
Heh no worries, well, okay they changed decadence, and that one estonian guy complained enough so pdox changed that on province to estonian. But i dont know heh, people have been clamoring for changes to the slavs since the old gods came out.

Heh no worries, well, okay they changed decadence, and that one estonian guy complained enough so pdox changed that on province to estonian. But i dont know heh, people have been clamoring for changes to the slavs since the old gods came out.

Not as loudly as they could :p They add stuff if they see it on the forum enough and bother to read it. They really need to read the forum more.

Normal, right?
Well, yeah.

It looks like they got the rulers right at least, they aren't Bulgarian (Bolghar probably).

What they do look at(eventually), is the bug forums. I guess if you compile a list of what it should be like, with what ever sources you can find, post it in the bug forums, while being nice and articulate, you'll have a better chance of having your changes implemented that just posting here.

Normal, right?
Well, yeah.

Looking at the culture map, it seems like Bulgaria's ruler isn't Bulgarian, so he's probably Bolghar. Which is one of those issues fixed at least.

What they do look at(eventually), is the bug forums. I guess if you compile a list of what it should be like, with what ever sources you can find, post it in the bug forums, while being nice and articulate, you'll have a better chance of having your changes implemented that just posting here.

A hundred times this. I don't know how many times I've posted in this forum "Go to the bug report forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.