• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gjflanker

Colonel
23 Badges
Feb 3, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
Playing as UK, still in 1936. I finish researching Industry in the Construction tab, giving a +10% to IC. My IC goes from 170/96 to 99. Shortly thereafter, I finish researching Mass Events, giving a -2% to IC, whereupon my IC goes to 170/96. Anyone have any idea how this happens?

Playing as UK, still in 1936. I finish researching Industry in the Construction tab, giving a +10% to IC. My IC goes from 170/96 to 99. Shortly thereafter, I finish researching Mass Events, giving a -2% to IC, whereupon my IC goes to 170/96. Anyone have any idea how this happens?

Mass Events & -2% IC? Are you playing a mod?

But the +10% is 10% from when you didn't have any research in that area. You start already with 7.5%, so basically you research 2.5% extra IC everytime you finish the tech.

I believe that each level of Industrial Production gives a 2.5% boost to IC, so you went from a 7.5% bonus (L3) to a 10% (L4). The event giving a -2% IC penalty could have completely offset that increase, because it appears that the game rounds output to the nearest whole IC, do the 0.5% might have been lost due to rounding.

[ Ninja'd by feye1. ]

Kinda on topic, but I was wondering if IC built on Islands produce any supply. It's my understanding that supply originates from IC centers or so I've read. Then I imagine it makes it way to the Capital then out to units. I was playing as Japan recently and had the idea to build IC on my island fortresses so I wouldn't need to use convoys. Didn't seem to work;(

This was already answered for you in the BICE thread. Main thread is not for mod questions.

If you hover the mouse over the IC numbers on top of screen, it will tell you all the modifiers. Full Civilian Economy -50%. Minister A ... Minister B... Tech +10%. Modifier -2%. Add up all the modifiers, multiply the base IC by it, round DOWN to nearest whole number - and you should get your current total available IC.