• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Just wanted to ask are people enjoying this AAR and the style of writing? also I plan on putting less images in chapters and focusing more on writing from here onwards. Does anyone know how to add chapter hyperlinks to all the chapters? Also I just checked the Claus Beli for Dragon Conquest and any dragon you have must have a martial skill of 10 or higher which none of my dragons have so the next chapter will be yet another one with no wars it will be up later today.

Last edited:
I just finished reading it there and I enjoyed it so far. However, I would just give a few suggestions. I'm no expert on AARs myself but since you are planning on focusing more on the writing I feel that, as a reader, I could point out things that could help.

If you are planning on doing more story based writing, I think you need to start role-playing a bit more to keep it interesting. You are playing the game and at the end of the day, making decisions for gameplay reasons is your call and the reader understands that. However, some things so far have been a bit weird. For instance, the fact that Daenerys became Queen and just left Tywin Lannister, a heavily responsible for the downfall of her family, as Lord of the Westerlands. In the books she constantly refers to him as the "Usurper's Dog" so this just seems odd now.

The same goes for Jaime Lannister. Fair enough, Stannis removed him from the Kingsguard but now he's just sitting in Casterly Rock, waiting for his inheritance. This is the man who killed Daenery's father. You even refer to him as "the Kingslayer". Judging from her character I don't think she'd be happy to have him being one of her strongest vassals. Infact, I don't think she'd be happy with him even being alive. I imagine she'd want vengeance.

Finally would be the remarriage. Yes, it was a bug but I was reading and just got confused. You could have just remarried Aegon or even pretended he died and that you were marrying someone else. Just saying that you need to get remarried when everyone thinks you're already married and not explaining what happened doesn't really work in a story. These three things broke the immersion for me.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way now. You're AAR is good and I'm enjoying reading it. I wouldn't be reading it otherwise. These were just things I came across while I was reading. Again, though, I'm no authority on AAR writing so don't take what I say as cold, hard fact.

Chapter VI a Brief Period of Peace Part 2

The Kingdom started to recover from the wars that has wrecked the land years previously much gold made its way into the Queen's coffers which hopefully would be enough to pay off both the loans of the Lannisters and Tyrells. In additions the levies of the Kingdom began to recover making warfare now a viable option for Daenerys.

FxVaDJX.png

The alchemists informed the Queen that they had created a meager supply of Wildfire which was aid the defense of Kings Landing if it became under siege.

QeZ7I0j.png

A few days later Edric requested that he be legitimized and be recognized as a full member of house Baratheon. Daenerys not wishing to anger him and lose a powerful ally agreed.

ZAv7vat.png

Shortly after Arya Stark brother to Robb Stark was found in the ruin of Harranhall, she was Robb's last surviving sister for Sansa had be executed by Joffrey when he was king many years prior.

tQZktCS.png

kqMIEEO.png

The Queen payed another visit to the alchemist guild to acquire more wildfire gold was given and a few months later a small stockpile of wildfire was created.

vzIBwAy.png

A few weeks later the Queen decided to spar with some men in the training yard in the Red Keep and acquired some basic combat knowledge.

1SyKtev.png

Samwell Stone master of arms of the Vale had been given the castle of the Bloody Gate and requested that he be legitimized in order to cement his rule over the castle. The Queen agreed.

T5KdlYi.png

That same day Viserion escaped from the care of Edric and returned to Kings Landing.

xaO1Rb1.png

After some internal deliberation Daenerys decided to form a household guard, wearing mail and a surcoat emblazoned with the three headed dragon of her house these men were battle hardened veterans armed with spears, swords and shields.

HuhQKsa.png

The Queen passed the first law of her reign which decreed that all lords must provide the majority of their levies to the crown.

UCR8i7B.png

The Queen then decided to subjugate the Iron Isles, they had been independent from the Seven Kingdoms since the start of the War of Five Kings and the Queen was determined to bring them toheel. With the recent passing of Balon Greyjoy from illness they had elected Andrik the Unsmiling as their new Iron King, he was renowned as one of the Isle fiercest warriors but it is hard for a blade to stop a dragon...

Last edited:

Unfortunately I did not notice the event had bugged until after I had married Edric and I did not want to break the marriage just to marry Aegon besides it actually quite good in a way as the story can be written differently. I'll edit the earlier chapters to make it make more sense. But something happens in the next chapter that is very interesting...

Last edited:
Chapter VII Subjugation of the Ironborn

wKr2BEP.png

With the war against the Ironborn underway the queen checked the number of troops available to them. With all of the lords respecting Andrik for his prowess in battle they provided as many men as they could spare giving him well over 20000 men to command. The queen would have to hope that the Lord Paramount's would honor their obligations to their liege.

VKPQ4g4.png

ILSlQWx.png

A few days later Mandon Moore was of the Kingsguard died after a short period of illness. Emmon Cuy was chosen to replace him.

w7b4dw9.png

The raven's soon returned with the replies of the Wardens, every single one besides the Usurper's dog supported the Queen.

YY6e8c8.png

DoI23GF.png

znAN3DC.png

The next few months went by quickly as the Wardens and Daenerys gathered their forces to fight the Ironborn, who decided to attack the crownlands rather then staying on the pile of rocks they called a home. This would be there downfall however as shortly after their two armies landed on cracklaw point each numbering roughly 10000 men the combined forces of the north and the Riverlands would defeat them in a series of battles. Unable to secure even a single victory the Ironborn were defeated in less then 6 months with the Queen herself landing the final blow at the battle of Brizond Port.

O16rbxE.png

QlyWZVq.png

pY23Yxx.png

The Queen was also helped by the recent death of Tywin Lannister who had died of old age. He was replaced by his second son Tyrion for the Kingslayer had been murdered by his own wife a few months earlier. Perhaps eager to show his loyalty he supported the Queen in the war. He also called in the debt that the Iron Throne owned the Lannisters but with a great sum of money in her coffers the Queen payed the loan.

With the war now over Daenerys would not need to worry about the Ironborn for a while for their armies and had been shattered and it would take years for them to recover. The queen could focus either on ruling her Kingdom or conquering even more lands for House Targaryen to rule.

Rule and stabilze Westeros first.... You need heirs too

I've played up until 8312 and while Westoros is stable i've had no pregnancy events....

Last edited:
Chapter IX Years of Peace Part 1

yk11BLb.png

After the Ironborn had be brought back under the power of the Iron Throne, many things would occur over the next few years for the Queen. The first thing being that despite the fact that marrying Edric had been a practical arrangement she began to have feelings for him despite his cruelty, she decided to embrace those feelings and fell in love with him.

NdcXQWG.png

News from the Wall reached us a few days Jeor Mormont had died of natural causes and was replaced by Brynden Tully.

AXBswNr.png

Mace Tyrell called in his loan shortly after. Having recently payed the Lannister's loan Daenerys did not have enough gold to pay them off so the loan was extended. Hopefully in a few years she would have enough to pay the Tyrells and no longer have to worry about repaying loans.

mOPvN1n.png

AYfjsdj.png

Pycelle died a natural death today, and a new Grand Maester was sent to us from the Citadel, it was said he was the oldest man in Westoros.

6lLIZZk.png

QJJoK0Q.png

After improving her horsemanship and studying the art of mounted warfare the Queen was consider a trained fighter and her ambition was fulfilled.

vIjGjO9.png

Daenerys decided that she wished to obtain a sword of Valyrian Steel Sword for the Targaryens had not pocessed one since Bittersteel had fled to Essos with Blackfyre after his failed rebellion.

GyQF0d3.png

io9XZ3v.png

A new Warden of the West needed to be chosen with the duty falling to Tyrion Lannister the lord of the Westerlands.

VSWFrhD.png

1bpTQP9.png

Tragic news would beset the Queen a few days later for Jorah Mormont died of natural causes she mourned him for he had been her loyal companion and Kingsguard. Ser Theomore was chosen to replace him.

t7esF86.png

The Long Summer was over, winter had come

VffN3fd.png

On the 10th anniversary of her ascension to the Iron Throne, the queen ordered that a grand tourney be held in Kings Landing.

Split into 2 parts becuase of number of images with the second part going up tomorrow or later today.

Last edited:
Chapter X Years of Peace Part 2

L4bAKai.png

The Tourney began shortly afterwards and many knights would take part and show off their fighting prowess.

Bug1GmK.png

The queen would lose her trusting nature following the idea that the King/Queen of the Throne should trust no one.

BPNsfBR.png

With the first days of the tournament over with no deaths or injuries the final jousts began.

necv6lb.png

The first joust of the tournament finals began with Jon Connington unhorsing Archibald Yornwood after a series of tilts.

ECAlvPo.png

The next joust was Gordy Farring a follower of Rhollor against Harwyn Plumm. Plumm would be beaten after he was struck in a chest with a lance that sent him flying from his horse.

vhgZVBZ.png

YWRDIXE.png

The final joust was Jon Connington vs Gordy Farring. The joust would drag on for a substantial period of time with many broken lances littering the field. Eventually Connington would unhorse Farring leaving him the victor of the tourney. He named a commoner Annara as the queen of love and beauty.

f6qgmK0.png

News from the Wall reached the Queen Edmure Tully had died of old age and been replaced by Tybolt Crakehall.

With the period of peace continuing things were improving for both the Queen and the seven kingdoms.

Hope you all are enjoying this so far, remember to leave comments and criticism. with little happening worth writing about i'll play for a few years and then write a interlude once things get interesting again. Also I am not planning to update this AAR until next weekend as I start both A levels and a new school on Tuesday, I will still reply to comments however. also anyone know how to get a working table of contents?

who is inheriting you now?

This AAR is not dead!!! I am trying to get my other AAR up and running before continuing this one stay tuned.

Well contrary to my last post this AAR is dead to do a corrupted save. :( Still my other AAR will continue. Thanks to all who looked at this AAR I never expected over 3000 views :) I might return to the world of Game of Thrones soon.