• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Khezef

General
66 Badges
Apr 23, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Ancient Space
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
How exactly does this work? I have stuff happening and not happening everywhere, with no apparent pattern. As Russia, Khiva is becoming de jure but there are still 2 zoroastrian towns that are independent in Bukhara. Finland is becoming de jure, but half is "becoming independent, de jure, as Empire of Russia" and the other half is "being incorporated, de jure, into the Empire of Russia". I've also held Azerbaijan as long as Georgia, and Georgia just turned de jure Russia but there isnt even an /100 years counter for the Azerbaijan Duchy. Help?

Reactions:
Don't quote me on this but I think De Jure Drift only works when you are a King or an Emperor. Also it works on a Duchy by Duchy basis, UNLESS you or your DIRECT vassals own the entirety of a De Jure Kingdom.

Thus if you are the Emperor of Britannia, and you own all but one county in the De Jure Kingdom of Jerusalem through crusade, the kingdom will not be incorporated into your land until you own 100% of it. Instead the duchies you or your vassals own will start De Jure Drifting into Britannia's land.

Again this is only how I see it from my time playing the game, it may not be right.

Duchy Zibzob has 4 counties, and it belongs de jour to the Kingdom of Wumpwump.

Kingdom Zimmyzam conquers 3 counties in Zibzob, And holds the duchy title. Zibzob is still considered to be Wumpwump.

If Zimmyzam holds all 4 parts of Zibzob, over time it will stop becoming Wumpwump and become de jour Zimmyzam, for as long as Zimmyzam holds 100% of it.

As far as "being incorporated de jour" and "becoming independent de jour", I always figured they were saying the same thing in two ways: Whatever land used to become to Wumpwump is slowly becoming a historical cornerstone of Zimmyzam.

Duchy Zibzob has 4 counties, and it belongs de jour to the Kingdom of Wumpwump.

Kingdom Zimmyzam conquers 3 counties in Zibzob, And holds the duchy title. Zibzob is still considered to be Wumpwump.

If Zimmyzam holds all 4 parts of Zibzob, over time it will stop becoming Wumpwump and become de jour Zimmyzam, for as long as Zimmyzam holds 100% of it.

As far as "being incorporated de jour" and "becoming independent de jour", I always figured they were saying the same thing in two ways: Whatever land used to become to Wumpwump is slowly becoming a historical cornerstone of Zimmyzam.

Yes, that is the basic de jure stuff. But how come duchies dont get incorporated into an empire's kingdom if you hold it long enough? If the empire of blabla takes a duchy from your zimmyzam, how would the emperor make that duchy de jure without taking over the entire de jure kingdom?

If Blabla holds all 4 parts of Zibzob, it should start turning Blabla by at most the next fiscal year.

Does someone else still hold the duchy title?

Or worse... is Zimmyzam part of the Empire of Blabla?

I had this problem where I wanted Afghanistan and Baluchistan to become part of the Kingdom of Persia. For a while, they were turning. But, when I created the Empire of Persia, they instantly stopped de jour drifting. Because both Afghanistan and Baluchistan are de jour Persian Empire, there was no reason for the duchies inside the non-existent Afghanistan and Baluchistan to drift over to the Kingdom of Persia. Even though the kingdoms didn't exist, they were still de jour parts of the existing empire, preventing drift.

If Blabla holds all 4 parts of Zibzob, it should start turning Blabla by at most the next fiscal year.

Does someone else still hold the duchy title?

Nope, I am the Russian emperor and I have all the counties and the Azerbaijan duchy personally. Ive had them for 100+ years. I also created Armenia duchy and gave it to a dynasty member, it's still part of Byz and doesnt have an /100 counter.

Hm, going back to your original post... Khiva, a kingdom, is becoming de jour part of the Russian Empire, but you have duchies that are not drifting. Georgia is also drifting...

Do you personally hold any kingdoms? I suppose if you have an Empire, that's somewhere for kingdoms to drift in to; but if you have no personal kingdoms, there's no kingdoms for the duchies to go to. Random guess, at least.

I have Taurica, Finland, Khiva, Perm, Rus, Ruthenia and my vassals have Cumania and Wallachia. Georgia drifted into Russia without even being created.

Duchies only drift into kingdoms, not empires, and drift only happens into your primary title. Since your primary title is the Empire of Russia, the Duchy of Azerbaijan will never drift into your empire. You would either need to take the rest of the Kingdom of Persia, and have that drift in its entirety into your empire, or you could give the Duchy of Azerbaijan to one of your de jure vassal kings. The duchy would then drift into their kingdom (since it is their primary title) and it would become part of your de jure empire by virtue of being part of that kingdom.

As far as 'becoming independent, de jure' and 'being incorporated, de jure', I believe that language is a relic of older de jure drifting rules and there's no longer any difference between the two from a mechanics perspective.

Duchies only drift into kingdoms, not empires, and drift only happens into your primary title. Since your primary title is the Empire of Russia, the Duchy of Azerbaijan will never drift into your empire. You would either need to take the rest of the Kingdom of Persia, and have that drift in its entirety into your empire, or you could give the Duchy of Azerbaijan to one of your de jure vassal kings. The duchy would then drift into their kingdom (since it is their primary title) and it would become part of your de jure empire by virtue of being part of that kingdom.

As far as 'becoming independent, de jure' and 'being incorporated, de jure', I believe that language is a relic of older de jure drifting rules and there's no longer any difference between the two from a mechanics perspective.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining. De jure stuff is very confusing. It's strange that Rus is my primary title but Polotsk is drifting into Ruthenia right now.

Last edited: