• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are 3 quests linked to the Wrath of Caradoc quest. If you follow the christian way, they should fire soon or later. Or did you already conquered Norfolk and the saxon's lands Before the wrath of caradoc quest ?

The game is quite "old" now, and i don't think there are still a lot of active players.

Too bad. It's quite an awesome game.

[video=youtube;WAtxIC6fdgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAtxIC6fdgU[/video]

Do you know perhaps an answer to my other thread; a way to improve the auto-battle (alter some modifier?) / some mod exists?

A way to improve autobattle ? Improve your army :) ( i notice you can get no casualties when your army is more than 2x stronger), but i don't know any mod or way to modify it. (or cheat a bigger army)
Nice video btw.

Last edited:
A way to improve autobattle ? Improve your army :) ( i notice you can get no casualties when your army is more than 2x stronger), but i don't know any mod or way to modify it. (or cheat a bigger army)
Nice video btw.

Woah, so you actually did use the auto-battle system a lot of the times?

The enemy just seems to be almost all the time stronger, making it impossible to reach twice stronger.

Only if i can win without loosing troops (enemy heroes who just pop out with a few soldiers, or when i have my final armies with heroes lvl >20/25, there is still some minor armies with weak units), and ghost armies (i don't know if you already met some).
But it can be hard on your first playthrough to gather and keep a strong army until the very end.

Only if i can win without loosing troops (enemy heroes who just pop out with a few soldiers, or when i have my final armies with heroes lvl >20/25, there is still some minor armies with weak units), and ghost armies (i don't know if you already met some).
But it can be hard on your first playthrough to gather and keep a strong army until the very end.

What? But the ghost armies are uber-powerful!

Yes, in real fight, but they are rated with a low power, around 30% most of the time, so it is possible to win them without loosing a full squad in autobattle if your army is around 60-70% (heavy units are more useful here), which is hard in real battle. Even if i loose 25-50% of every squad in my army in autobattle but with each one surviving, it is less painful than a real fight.

Yes, in real fight, but they are rated with a low power, around 30% most of the time, so it is possible to win them without loosing a full squad in autobattle if your army is around 60-70% (heavy units are more useful here), which is hard in real battle. Even if i loose 25-50% of every squad in my army in autobattle but with each one surviving, it is less painful than a real fight.

But that eventually kicks your army out of combat, because you gotta replenish the troops? Or you field a number of large armies across the map (never got to do myself).

But that eventually kicks your army out of combat, because you gotta replenish the troops? Or you field a number of large armies across the map (never got to do myself).

I use autobattle against ghost armies if it makes me loose 50% max in each squad, and replenish during autumn and winter, so no other combat for the year most of the time. Of course if i have a bad economy, i prioritize differently. About my armies, i almost always use 3 by the end of the game. 4 heroes per army, so the 3rd army is maxed when i have my 12 heroes.

I use autobattle against ghost armies if it makes me loose 50% max in each squad, and replenish during autumn and winter, so no other combat for the year most of the time. Of course if i have a bad economy, i prioritize differently. About my armies, i almost always use 3 by the end of the game. 4 heroes per army, so the 3rd army is maxed when i have my 12 heroes.

Whaaaa? FOUR heroes per army? I mostly maintained an army a hero, maybe two.

Having more than two heroes is a trouble, because they take up very useful unit slots.

Having more than two heroes is a trouble, because they take up very useful unit slots.

But a hero can wipe out an entire unit (or even more sometimes) in a few seconds (cleave, lightning, shadow of death...), far more useful than a standard unit. The more spell and abilities you can choose from on the battlefield, the better. 1 warlord per army to get the whole army bonuses and active buff, 1 knight to tank and cleave, 1 wizard to kill from afar, and most of the time a second knight (or a wizard powerful enough in close combat). But yes, sometimes, it is hard to balance the rest of the army, and i would need a slot or two more.