Cities: Skylines, New City Builder by PDX and Colossal Order Announced

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has anyone noticed this!

We will be happy to talk more about this in the future! Join the Cities: Skylines forum for updates ;)

But maybe they'll surprise us? I just won't give up my hope yet, the new game sounds just too exciting.

Not commenting on other stuff than we do believe in ourselves and the new game and hope to bring you a nice classic city builder, with cool modding tools!

I noticed the words "build-in game modding tools", but oh my faith is gone!

The reason I loved CIM1 so much were the rich and unlimited extras supplied by the modders, who made the game exciting and entertaining. And one of the main reasons so many of us, including myself, are frustrated with CIM2 is the lack of modability by users. If I don't mistake anything, CO are going to use the same (near unmoddable) Unity engine for CS that they used for CIM2. "Built-in" I translate as yet another built-in ruleset, and we all know how well this worked in CIM 2 (or not!).

As much as I think CS could be an awesome, interesting and fun game; I somehow fear CO will deliever another half-baked, half-working version. :(

But maybe they'll surprise us? I just won't give up my hope yet, the new game sounds just too exciting.

I'm starting to think that it's the "cool" thing to hate CiM2. While there were some cool aesthetics that miss from CiM1, CiM2 is superior in almost every category. CO gave us the ability to build entirely new maps and create custom ruleset tool to cater the game to each individual's taste. Other than adding vehicles and some buildings, I really don't see what much more modders could do. Not saying that there are not some issues, but find me a comparable transport sim just as powerful and realistic.

CiM2 was rough on release, but right now it's pretty solid and there is no way I could go back to CiM1 unless I wanted to stare at the detailed Metro Stations all day.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that it's the "cool" thing to hate CiM2. While there were some cool aesthetics that miss from CiM1, CiM2 is superior in almost every category. CO gave us the ability to build entirely new maps and create custom ruleset tool to cater the game to each individual's taste. Other than adding vehicles and some buildings, I really don't see what much more modders could do. Not saying that there are not some issues, but find me a comparable transport sim just as powerful and realistic.

CiM2 was rough on release, but right now it's pretty solid and there is no way I could go back to CiM1 unless I wanted to stare at the detailed Metro Stations all day.

Thanks <3 It really means the world to us to hear you enjoy playing Cities in Motion 2 :)

I'm starting to think that it's the "cool" thing to hate CiM2.

Don't get me wrong, I love CiM2 too and played well over 100 hours. I'm just sad the game will never fulfill even half of it's potential since the developers/publishers don't believe that their own game has any use after launch.

Hate is a very strong word, but what I am trying to get across is that I dislike the way CO and Paradox have handled the post release of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love CiM2 too and played well over 100 hours. I'm just sad the game will never fulfill even half of it's potential since the developers/publishers don't believe that their own game has any use after launch.

Hate is a very strong word, but what I am trying to get across is that I dislike the way CO and Paradox have handled the post release of the game.

Well, that's fair, and I definitely think the game needs a few good patches. It's just some of things people say on this forum make it sound like CiM2 is unplayable, terrible, and inferior to the "holy" game CiM1. I play CiM2 everyday and have played 245 hours(according to Steam). I also rely on public transport 90% of the time everyday to get to work and for leisure and can honestly say this is most realistic and powerful transport sim out now. I even open up saved games of developed cities just to watch rush hour, just as I would in real life.(Yes, I'm transportation nut who literally rides transit just for the fun it)

Then there's this idea of "potential". If you mean in terms features, then that is up to debate(Especially since none of us have access to the code, so it'd be unfair to judge "potential" when we don't know how hard adding a feature might be, no matter how simple a feature may seem to be). We will have to see what CO has in store.

The way CO handled CiM2 after release is also up for debate. For example, the game as it is now especially with all the patches and DLCs is a complete 180 from it's original launch state, and the game is much more stable. When CiM2 was first released the game was crashing every time I played it. I haven't had a crash or serious bug in at least 9 months now, so I'd say CO handled it pretty well. Again, not saying the game is perfect, but it just depends on how you look at it.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that it's the "cool" thing to hate CiM2.

I'm really sorry if I came across this way. I totally love CIM2, I never got back to CIM1 after its release, because CIM2 had loads of cool stuff (like timetables, day-and-night-circles, no grid and much more) and I agree it is superior in most categories (bar the aesthetics, which were way better in CIM1).

I just believe it had so much more potential, and that's what's frustrating me a little. Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome game, but it could be so much more awesome if CO would have answered a few of the core complaints, like the lack of airports / train stations, core community buildings, a much (MUCH!) wider variety of buildings in general, a working vehicle wearout ruleset, and most important, a working pathfinding. And my impression is that CO was much quicker in responding to the community's complaints and suggestions to CIM1. Maybe they spoilt us? :D

Oh, and there is more than adding vehicles and buildings. eis_os managed to create a patch that features - amongst other things - the possibility to use Metro stations as tram stops, so that one can create Underground Trams; to place buildings in a running game; or to manually reduce the vehicle wearout factor, so that one can finally build realistic, long lines. And lets not forget Klamann's maps4cim, which gave us the possibility to build realistic maps. Those mods lifted the fun factor of CIM2 a lot. And I mean, A LOT. Which was the same with CIM1, by the way, where such awesome mods as the S-Bahn-Mod or the In-Game-Building-Mod, to name but a few, added richly to the game. I really love CO for giving us such great games, but frankly - without the modders' work, they only have half of the potential they could have.

The new CS seems to be very promising, especially when combining a City builder game with a public Transport game, so it could be even greater than CIM2 - but it could also mean that it has even more (wasted) potential. Which is why I really, really hope (but am sceptical about) that it'll be easier moddable than CIM2. But, like I said, maybe they'll surprise us - and I'd be more than happy to eat my own words! :)

Last edited:
Well the question is, why do I need to fix the wearout factor problem at all?
I mean, it's one part to have a bad/wrong translation, however simple ignoring parts is rude. Why I even need to point to the code piece in CIM2? Who should know CIM2 internals better, me or a CO Dev?
If time permitted, I would have asked these questions at Gamescom, but I guess it would have been a very short unpleasant discussion. Maybe I am wrong?

This isn't a problem about the bugs at all, but the broken communication.

CSL will be the third game, so this time be honest with your customers, know your code and game better then players and all should be happy again. :)

Last edited:
Well, my steam hour counter is standing by 516 hours Cities in Motion 2. So you can say, Me and the game, we have a serious relationship. But, like the others here in the thread said, there is so unbelieveable more potential, some major things are missing, some bugs are frustrating and there are a lot of things I really don't know why they happen or why they are missing, because I see them as a major part. Without the great work of the man in the post above me, I wouldn't have played it half as long as I did.
Everytime I asked here in the forum about a bug fix or about plans in the future, I felt ignored and unwanted.
Like eis_os said, don't do that again with your cusomers. Hear about them. The community is the main thing, that makes your game alive. Just listen, please.