• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

larienna

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jul 1, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
I am currently making a mod where religion is replaced by governments and the fluctuation of the player's position is only determined by quest or random events that will ask the player to make choice that will make their government type move in one direction or the other.

But all this plan is screwed up if the AI faction does not receive any quest because they will never move from their starting position.

Also, I could not artificially power up the enemy great mages with random events to make them more challenging if they never occur.

So my question is: Do you have any proof or experience that the AI players actually receive quests or random events?

I have seen more than one instance of a temple unit opposed to one of the nearby AI Great mages suddenly appearing (such as Sisters of Krypta close to one of Anna the Benign's cities). That suggests to me that the AI does recieve these quests.

This is correct. Similarly, the AI Great Mages will also definitely trigger portal opening quests (from personal experience, it's always fun when an "ally" wanders past and triggers those Dremer warriors to appear right next to your city when you really don't have time to deal with them right now...) and will get "start of game" quests etc. So yes, AI Great Mages will receive quests just like you the player will.