Paradox Fancon Press Conference Livestream, this Thursday at 21:00cest

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

A_Spec

Tinkerer
144 Badges
Jun 13, 2012
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pride of Nations
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
GcuwJE0.png

Are you ready to get pulled in to a magical world of gatherings, fans and people talking on stages? Do the phrases "next generation", "revolutionize" and "really exciting new games" make you hot and bothered*? Get ready for the streaming experience of a lifetime with Paradox's Fancon stream, live from Cologne in Germany at 21:00 CET this Thursday the 14th!

We're not shy with the fact that we love teasing you, so here are a few assorted goodies from the streaming schedule (totally randomly selected).

"Start Music"

"Video End / Title Presentation"

"Shams Jorjani"

"Action"

Excited yet? You better be, because we are!

This feature will run for two hours starting at 21:00cest at http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/

It will contain the following;

• Press Conference with live game unveils
  • Hearts of Iron IV Demo with Dan Lind & Johan Andersson
  • Pillars of Eternity Demo
  • A live panel headed by Quill18

We'll keep this thread updated with the stuff we reveal during the Fancon, so if you're not able to attend check back here in a few days and you can see what you missed.

* 2/3 phrases mentioned might very possibly be industry buzzwords and not apply at all to what we'll be showing

Paradox - I really must say that I do not like this format of announcing games.... it's very... 2001ish...

What format is it you have a problem with? Announcements at an official press conference - or that we also stream it live so those not attending can view? This year we are also hosting the press conference at the same time as our fan gathering, meaning 200+ fans will be able to attend the press conference. We like the extra interaction from the people viewing and participating over the standard press releases but we are always interested in hearing new and fun ideas, so please share your thinking.

Kind regards
Susana

event paradox fancon press conference
option 1- give them what they want announce Victoria 3 affect -10 militancy -10 infamy -10 war exhaustion
option 2- no vicky 3 for you affect +100 militancy +30 infamy Victoria 2 fans declare war on paradox.

choose wisely ;)

So what time is this in UDT cant find cest on my clock choice in windows. or if you want to be nice anyone now what time that is Montain(central)?

What format is it you have a problem with? Announcements at an official press conference - or that we also stream it live so those not attending can view? This year we are also hosting the press conference at the same time as our fan gathering, meaning 200+ fans will be able to attend the press conference. We like the extra interaction from the people viewing and participating over the standard press releases but we are always interested in hearing new and fun ideas, so please share your thinking.

Kind regards
Susana

Hi Susana,

Thanks for the response - always good to hear from the marketing team :)

The problem with press conference announcements is that it is a bit uninclusive and elitist. Yes 200+ fans will be there, but the vast majority of fans will not - a flight to Germany or Sweden from the USA (and other parts of the world) is very expensive and only the wealthiest among us will be able to attend unless they happen to be local. A better way (in my humble opinion) would be to announce the games in the more standard way (first an announcement on the site, than an interview or two, THEN a press conference where fans can come prepared with questions and a little fore-knowledge). Not only do your fans get more immediate access to the information, they go into the conference excited to hear MORE about the title rather than going in apprehensive about the unknown. You might even get a better turn out if you make the announcement far enough in advance of the show.

In addition, back in the day (back when we had to walk to school barefoot in 10 feet of snow and the iPhone was still a new thing :rofl:) when companies used to do big press conference announcements regularly, I found that I was actually missing major announcements because I wasn't willing to sit through long videos and boring speeches just to hear what the next title is. While it's always great to discover a game you missed several years later, I'm fairly certain you guys are happier when we know about and buy a title at launch.

Note: E3 is an exception to the logic above. Because it is the only real "megashow" left in the industry its still acceptable to do press conference releases there, but I discourage even that as there are simply much better ways to get the information out.

Note: E3 is an exception to the logic above. Because it is the only real "megashow" left in the industry its still acceptable to do press conference releases there, but I discourage even that as there are simply much better ways to get the information out.

Gamescom is far bigger though.

ok ive declared war on paradox no victoria 3 :angry: :angry: :angry: instead we get another expansion for both eu4 and crusader kings 2. :angry: why no vicky 3???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :angry:

What's with Vicky 3 and Rome II. What this guy tried to say to us with his t-shirt ; some ironical bad joke or was that an announcement in disguise ?
Happy about Charlemagne anyway.

Last edited:
After its over, can someone please post summary (especially anything about HoI4)? My stupid router died, so instead of watching stream on my 16/16mbps line, I am stuck on 56k connection over my cell phone :(