• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JosunUrashima

General
75 Badges
Apr 7, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Iron Cross
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
This is an aspect of the game I still do not entirely understand, so I figured I'd ask about it.

I know there are ways to expand one's realm and titles via marriage, but how exactly does one do this? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

This is an aspect of the game I still do not entirely understand, so I figured I'd ask about it.

I know there are ways to expand one's realm and titles via marriage, but how exactly does one do this? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

1. Your heir (usually son) marries a landed person. That means your grandchild will end up with both your lands and the other lands. So you have to wait a few generations but it will eventually be inherited.

2. If someone in your dynasty marries someone with an inherited claim, then the resulting child (hopefully of your dynasty) will have a claim that you can press. As long as that claim is of a lower rank that you, they will end up as your vassal.

3. If someone in your realm (doesn't even have to be your dynasty) marries a landed person, the person's child will eventually get the land. If they become your vassal first (of at least the same rank as the other title), the other land will join your realm.

4. A similar thing you can do is find someone who is an heir (to say a County). Invite him to your court and grant him a title that is of at least the same rank. When the guy inherits, the new land joins your realm because he was your vassal first. Note that this can be a little dangerous if you have less than High Crown Authority because if the guy dies before inheriting, the land you gave him could be inherited outside your realm (for example, going to his already landed father).