• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunting

General
90 Badges
Apr 14, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
So I'm playing game now at year 250 and my ruler is always old most time and now I started thinking, what would be, if my ruler were to be suicidal automarically at the age of 40 so I can get rid off him and produce more children? Why that?

1. Old ruler always get sick and cant lead army anymore and vassal hat him because he is much worse in stats.
- Old ruler cant make as many children as yong rulers can.
- Old ruler looks bad (REALLY!)
- Old rulers are always nearly braindead, because they get no learning events.

So...

... please Paradox: Add an automatical suicide, once my ruler is 40 years old! And dont restrict us by forcing us to play the game historically! Because everything, which could have happened in history, even people killing themselves when they are 40. That's completely resenable! But no, PI has been introducing factions and restrictions everywhere, not allowing us the way I like. I cant even murder my son - WTF??????

It really makes no sense from an RP perspective for some one to just become suicidal out of the blue just cause they turn Forty (Not that old tbh, even by the Medieval Standards.) . However possible to could be for people it kill themselves once they turn 40, it's not likely unless they're dealing with mental issues, such as being overly Stressed or Depressed.

You request is by far from 'completely reasonable'

It would have been perfectly possible for every Ruler to make their horse a chancellor. And I think that, and a thousand other senseless updates should be added before 'Automatic Suicide at 40' Especially since you have the Kill console command.

... NO.

Drepression -> suicide. And that's all! Being old NEVER means you become suicidal.

However, you could have the possibility to abdicate if you are infirm. There are a lot of examples in History.

Most people support my view. This game makes it more and more unattractive for the player to play it, because of PI making restrictions such as that you cant murder yourself, when you want. This has been since factions came out and then the only good DLCs were the Vikings attacks and the Rajas of India, because the first you could play Vikings and the second you could play as a Raja. But now! NO MORE MAP EXTENSIONS!!! MERCENARIES COST MORE HOW SHALL I EXPAND NOW???? It now is nearly impossible to get from count to duke even on easy. And now that is why we need suicide by automatic!

Hell no, your all wrong, totally. First, the majority of players has found this game be to hard! Ok? Then second: Paradox makes it harder. I have played 2000 hours on Steam, you can go check, so I know what I'm talking! So, lets see! I dont want abdicate because I dont want having a granny ruler sittingon my back with a claim on MY land! I use to roleplay as if I myself am the ruler and I dont want to be old!! No you, who are the minority, want to prevent me from playin the game I like. Guess what? GO AND PLAY MODS THEN! Because that is, what people should do, who arent the majority! STOP trying to enforce your way of game on others! Beware my freedom!

That guy is either a troll, or hilariously stupid. My bet is on the latter though...

And to not be completely off-topic: I'd actually like to see more reasons/possibility to abdicate. That could tie in very well with a more complex regent system, for example.

Hell no, your all wrong, totally. First, the majority of players has found this game be to hard! Ok? Then second: Paradox makes it harder. I have played 2000 hours on Steam, you can go check, so I know what I'm talking! So, lets see! I dont want abdicate because I dont want having a granny ruler sittingon my back with a claim on MY land! I use to roleplay as if I myself am the ruler and I dont want to be old!! No you, who are the minority, want to prevent me from playin the game I like. Guess what? GO AND PLAY MODS THEN! Because that is, what people should do, who arent the majority! STOP trying to enforce your way of game on others! Beware my freedom!

So I'm a historian and I like sources... Give me a source that the most players want the game like you want it. :)

I dont need a source, I can just claim from my impression. Everyone on this forum does, hence I can do it, too. Your argument is invalid!

Nope. As long as noone has a source no claim is right. And it can stay as it is. We can't say what the majority want.

Abdication pre-modern period was mostly something forced upon some one though

Even though the Roman Emperor Diocletianus voluntarily abdicated, and so did a few more Eastern Roman Emperors...

I dont need a source, I can just claim from my impression. Everyone on this forum does, hence I can do it, too. Your argument is invalid!
What can be asserted without proof can be safely dismissed without proof (or whatever way the saying goes in English).

Try harder next time.

Strictly on topic, though: this is a preposterous request. What you're asking for is already in game in the form of a decision to suicide but only if your character becomes depressed. People don't throw themselves into the icy waters of a river just because they wake up one day and think: "Aye, my life has been great and rich of satisfactions thus far but well, 40 years of it are enough for my taste... moreover, my sons would greatly benefit from my departure, so yeah - let's have a poison party tonight!".

In addition, 40 years old is by no means a ripe age, as you're implying - not even in the Middle Ages, at least for the nobility. Also, "Life begins at 40", as the poet says.

- Old ruler always get sick and cant lead army anymore and vassal hat him because he is much worse in stats.
This simply isn't even remotely true. Age doesn't even matter when appointing Generals, and the 'long reign' modifier for long ruling Kings is what keeps Kingdoms stable.

- Old ruler cant make as many children as yong rulers can.
*sigh* not true.

- Old ruler looks bad (REALLY!)
They look bad as in ... ??? They look distinguished imo. The moment my characters pass 50 they look so much more regal.

- Old rulers are always nearly braindead, because they get no learning events.
What do you mean by 'learning events'?

Status
Not open for further replies.