• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brrnout

Recruit
1 Badges
Aug 9, 2014
  • Cities in Motion 2
So I recently got this game on steam and I love it, but after a while I quickly realized that when traffic got heavy the vehicles started derping out. Basically stopping in the middle of the road for no reason. Now, after 5 restarted cities and countless irritations I am finally giving up.

I love this game, even with the bad interface and hard to reason numbers on buses etc. The game is great, but any of my vehicles will stop and clog the road whenever they feel like it. Worse is when its the cim cars, as you cannot delete them.

I tried tuning the rules to allow less traffic and faster speeds, but seemingly nothing works. So I want to thank the devs for making such an amazing game that is broken in the MOST IMPORTANT way possible: AI brains. I am now giving up against my will because I cannot play longer than 2 hours without my city taking a dump on my desk.

Here are a few shots of my interesting experiences:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/68997312872430252/7922179B0BD79127350CBA5D0B59737112187FA3/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/68997312872428499/2FD96CB36B570B574F092801C3366FB5A3B1E639/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/68997312875068253/079D7C1F44DABC7E291160E58DEF0B11270C633F/

I am so angry right now as I just spend all morning working on my new city (the last shot with the buses) when the game did that. I give up.

Cheers, Brrnout

Unfortunately this is one of the major bugs people have been complaining about since day 1. Pathfinding, according to CO, and this is a part of that issue, works as expected. This despite 90% of users complaining about it.

This is weird, I hear about this a lot but I never had those problems... Yes, the vehicles do stop sometimes but it is very rare and the stopped car disappear quite fast. Also I never had any of my buses stopping in the middle of the road for no reason. And I don't have this fast computer: i5, 4gb ram, standard video card.

Last edited:
Its not my PC, my PC is new and really good. If it can play Watch Dogs on top specs is good for CiM. It might be as kaio02 said, as I have been mostly using workshop cities, but that's a real pain.

Cheers

So I recently got this game on steam and I love it, but after a while I quickly realized that when traffic got heavy the vehicles started derping out. Basically stopping in the middle of the road for no reason. Now, after 5 restarted cities and countless irritations I am finally giving up.

I love this game, even with the bad interface and hard to reason numbers on buses etc. The game is great, but any of my vehicles will stop and clog the road whenever they feel like it. Worse is when its the cim cars, as you cannot delete them.

I tried tuning the rules to allow less traffic and faster speeds, but seemingly nothing works. So I want to thank the devs for making such an amazing game that is broken in the MOST IMPORTANT way possible: AI brains. I am now giving up against my will because I cannot play longer than 2 hours without my city taking a dump on my desk.

Here are a few shots of my interesting experiences:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/68997312872430252/7922179B0BD79127350CBA5D0B59737112187FA3/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/68997312872428499/2FD96CB36B570B574F092801C3366FB5A3B1E639/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/68997312875068253/079D7C1F44DABC7E291160E58DEF0B11270C633F/

I am so angry right now as I just spend all morning working on my new city (the last shot with the buses) when the game did that. I give up.

Cheers, Brrnout
Have you made any changes to the roads in you city prior to the stoppage?
This is a known problem that occurs due to making alterations to the road layout in a city. All the vehicles (cars) start a journey from point A to point B via a preplanned route; if you alter that route in any way during it's journey the path finding is broken and the vehicle has no valid path, so it just stops. Eventually the game automatically deletes the rouge vehicle.
The same applies to your vehicles (buses, tams etc.). The difference is that these are not automatically deleted; it's up to you to solve the problem. The easy way to do this is to stop and re-start the line (using the green/red button), all the vehicles are returned to their depot and the line recommences operation.
It's best to carry out road alterations in the early morning when there is little traffic.

The same applies to your vehicles (buses, tams etc.). The difference is that these are not automatically deleted; it's up to you to solve the problem.

Really? I've never encountered this, when I do changes to roads on which there are my lines my vehicles either find themselves a new route if possible automatically or, if they have already left the stop closest to the changes or there is no possible route to the next stop they simply disappear automatically. I have never seen them stop in the middle of the road for no reason except for the clutches on narrow crossings or the pedestrian-circling-the-vehicle bug.

Its not my PC, my PC is new and really good. If it can play Watch Dogs on top specs is good for CiM. It might be as kaio02 said, as I have been mostly using workshop cities, but that's a real pain.

Cheers

I ONLY use workshop cities. And still no problems. [EDIT]: Well, they are not exactly from workshop, I download them from www.cimexchange.com. Most of the maps from workshop are also there. Maybe instead of using workshop try to download the maps from there and see if it helps? I don't know if it's relevant, but I never trust steam, it's always so glitchy...

Really? I've never encountered this, when I do changes to roads on which there are my lines my vehicles either find themselves a new route if possible automatically or, if they have already left the stop closest to the changes or there is no possible route to the next stop they simply disappear automatically. I have never seen them stop in the middle of the road for no reason except for the clutches on narrow crossings or the pedestrian-circling-the-vehicle bug.
You're lucky!
It's not vehicles in the immediate vicinity, yes they disappear immediately, it's other vehicles on any route affected by the alteration. Many people have complained about vehicles stopping for no reason, including Brrnout above.