• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duarte

Lt. General
75 Badges
Aug 7, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
So, long story short, I was trying to see what happens if you win has Nanjing, however in order to achieve that i had to cheat, namely making Nanjing not a puppet of japan, so wen i "won" nat china got released whit wang jingwei has it's HoS, while nanjing still existed, so is this bug or did my cheating break the game?

I don't understand what you mean.

Did you annex Nationalist China on your own?

As far as I know, the Nanking government only appears after Japan has won the war. There's nothing to support a separate annexation of Nationalist China by the Nanking government, which is a puppet regime of Japan...

yeah i just figured out what happened, apparently japan released china Nanjing in one of my games by accident, me thinking this was intended decided to play has Nanjing to see what would happen, the event fired because i was allied to japan, and this broke the event chain.

I always see Japan release it right after Pearl Harbor

That's probably the AI then. As a player it's not releasable until you win.

It turns out I've only played as Japan and China with this version...

On a unrelated note, my USA game had China defeated by first month of 1936. How is this possible?

there is a surrender event for nationalist china called the first peace attempt or something, the Ai has 10% chances of accepting, you just got unlucky.

Derp, that sucks. At least I got 10% IC buff. Does that means no more pearl harbor bombing? Also, I got no IC buff for Anchluss and rhineland.

It's an intended effect to allow Japan to be able to try to fight a two-front war without making it OP and roll over China too early.

Yes and no, since the puppet Nationalist China has no troops at first so Japan AI would transfer large amount of crack troops to them (about 25 divisions), hence reduce Japan's combat capacity significantly. Now, if you are Nationalist China and not occupy Tanshan by 1942 (around the time US declare war on Japan), Japan would release puppet Nationalist China as one province state and transfer 20~25 divisions to it. Now if you attack puppet Nationalist China immediately you can catch them off guard, as their IC is to low to support 25 units and hence that 25 units would fight without supplies, which you can easily push over and annex the puppet. Once you annex the puppet Nationalist China, that 25 divisions would become yours just what happen after you annex other warlords.

It is kindly funny to see 25 Japanese divisions fought Japanese for Nationalist China.

Will be reworked in 1.05 in a general AI/Sino-Japanese War revision, probably will have an alpha test for feedback before 1.05 in a mod.

On a somewhat related topic, what's with the flag of China-Nanjing? Is it a creation of the developers? I couldn't find any references to it anywhere. I realize that having two Chinese states with the same flag fighting each other would be a bit confusing, but it still kinda bugs me.

The flag is a made up modification of the RoC naval jack by Paradox, I replaced it in 1.04 with the historical flag.

Well we are waiting on translations for 1.04 and there is a code freeze (since I can't add new events that require translation, no more new stuff except for things unrelated to events), so the rework would have to wait for 1.05.