Destroying the Nazi empire

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As JoeyB said, you'll probably need to use some gamey tactics to win. They only have ~ 400 transports according to your intel. Bring this number down to zero and then you can starve the 'doomstacks' in India. The easiest place to blockade significant troops is by invading Persia/Pakistan/India and fortifying the 1 province wide mountain passes. Maybe take Oman/Yemen and then Paratroop in to a province with a port but no beachhead. Alternatively if there are few beach defenders land on multiple beachheads but plan to consolidate to one or two provinces. If they pull the doomstacks back to engage your landing, retreat out your troops after hopefully killing a few hundred convoys and try again after the AI moves troops back to the front.

Be warned, that gamey stuff kills the game harder than any nuke.

Norway? Destroy their ships and transports and wait for the troops stationed there to run out of supplies while you bomb them at the same time, and when their org is low, land. Then repeat the same for Copenhagen (Just don't forget to move your ships out of the strait). Of course that's all useless if Finland is in the Axis, but Copenhagen could still be a good idea. You could also invade one the Arabian nations like Oman, to gain a base of operations in the ME. And what about Ireland?

What i will do is:
1 Get a lot of nukes and destroy Germany reactor
2 Take UK, you can use airborne assault on a province with port, conquer it, transport troops there fast.
3 Use all of the nukes at the same time and then Germany will get dissent and will lose IC, nuke the province with factory, that will destroy the german industry, you know, they need supplies for all 1000 divions, they need to reinforce the troops that are fighting with the partisans. India is not released, i think Germany will get 100% there and in Ukraine/Belarus etc.
4 Take Italy out, Germany will annex them and they will get dissent there+at least 100 Italy troops out.
5 Germany will need to sent all their troops in India and another annexed country, they will put at least 1 divion on every province.
Bonus, you can invade Germany and move at least 100 division there, the germans will send there troops and you can destroy them with nuke, but if they have a industry and manpower they will recreat those troops.

In my game as the USA in WIF2, I am up against what amounts to the Fortress Europe from hell. It stretches from Portugal to the Urals and Burma, and almost everywhere else in between. The Germans alone have almost 1000:excl: divisions compared against 350 American ones. To add insult to injury, they have 1500 MP left on general mobilization. They have nukes and the UK has been beaten already (Germany dismantled their empire and forced them to take Edward VIII's isolationist government).

Given that amphibious landings would easily be crushed, how does one go about destroying this Great Satan that is currently sitting on all of Europe?

I want MacArthur riding in Berlin on top of a tank as soon as possible, so all advice is desperately needed.

EDIT: China and Japan are allied and the USSR does not exist, as they collapsed into numerous nations after the BP was signed.

my two cents. no need for nukes. and no need for a larger armed forces. you need to use your advantage, the Navy.
do amphibious assaults everywhere, withdraw, assault another place. you will find a weak spot. pour everything through that. (due to the nature of amphibious assaults versus transporting in this game you have to load all those units and have them ready to do that amphibious landing right after you have won that assault). and then overrun everything, aiming for those nice pretty oil provinces OR main Ger provinces.
I have been in this situation before and was able to win the European war by late 45.

Last edited:
Germany has a lot of advantages but judging by who's president of the US, you have the ability to raise the dead so I think you shouldn't have too hard a time.