Do the Seljuk get more free spawning units about 100 years after they first arrive

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SoraAors

Recruit
79 Badges
Jun 10, 2011
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
I'm trying to do an Ironman Zoroastrian (old gods start date) run, I've pushed up north and taken all of Tengri lands. When the Seljuks arrived and started taking land in Khiva from my Sunni rivals its been a bitter back and for for control of Khiva with me and the Sunni nations. The Seljuks took a long time turning on me deciding to go south and west instead of contesting for what lands I had in Khiva, which was fine with me as I continued my own push west to gain strength. When they finally did want my lands I didn't stand a chance, but I tried to grind as much of their forces as I could. Then a few years latter the powerful Abbasid empire went to war with them, while losing the war both sides lost most of their troops. So I took this chance and went after the Seljuks to take back my lands. With a little bit of luck and distraction I made it just before 30,000 troops spawned out of no where and set their eyes on me. I won the war but about 6 years later I lost the lands to the new 30,000 troops.

So do the Seljuks get more spawn in troops, and if so why their already a pain to deal with when they first come in. Now just as I'm about to finally break the stalemate and start moving into Persia, they get a bunch more troops.

I'm pretty sure only the Mongols get reinforcements, though Seljuk does get some more troops after he actually conquers some land. Are you sure they are event troops, and not just mercenaries, levies or retinues?

That was the first thing I check they did have mercenaries but the capital was in Khiva and I was actively destroying them, along with reinforcements when they tried and saved their mercenaries. Just out of no where the 30000 stack was marching on me mostly comprised of horse archers. That and when I white peace the AI didn't disband the troops nor was the AI losing money. I know it wasn't their original free spawn troops for they only had 9K when I went into the war which the AI march directly towards me and then was for most part defeated by my forces.

He's had land for a while and didn't gain any during the war.

Maybe it hasn't been the same guy the whole time? Some unlanded family member, or some dispossessed Saffared, got a 30k stack to claim the Seljuk Sultanate? If so, he would get to keep the stack after his claim was successfully pressed, most likely without a fight.

Yep thous troops killed me, what a turn around. I was about to begin conquest into Persia but 30,000 troops completely changed that. The Seljuk were able to finish conquering Persia moved into India then ate half of Abbasid empire before taking the rest of my lands. I couldn't stop them I burnt 20,000 by getting my duke in my only Persia hold to constantly rebel just before the Seljuk won the war for my Persian lands (Until the AI just went after my duke and despite losing most of his army he didn't want a white peace). Gamy but considering that their free spawn troops caused their rebirth all is fair. Sigh got so far well time to try again wish me luck.