• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

larienna

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jul 1, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
I first though that the resistance number we on a different scale like 50/128, or 50/200. This is why a resistance of 50, does not grant 50%

But it seems to be worst, because each resistance type seem to have a different scale which I cannot find the logic. I don't see the idea of having 2 numbering system, it complexify the game for no good reason.

I am not sure, but it seems stacking bonus cannot give you a resistance higher than 90%. Is that correct?

So how is resistance calculated.

This would be especially useful to know for modding. If I want to give precisely +50% resistance, how do I do it.

Thanks to Sir Arkatreides, we know that the the formula is 2^(-Damage Resistance/50) - 1, and it's the same for all resist types.

This lets resistances below 50 grant at least, and usually more than their stated value, so for example a resistance of 20 actually reduces damage by 24%. 50 is exactly 50% reduction, and above 50 the numbers are larger than the benefit granted, so an 80 resist gives 67%. You get more with smaller numbers and less with bigger ones, and the further one gets from 50, the larger the effect; e.g., a -50 resist is double damage, while 150 resist is around 87.5% damage reduction.

To get the actual damage in combat, you'd have to include terrain bonuses, perks, etc.

Tested and confirmed. I also saw the formula in the lua script. So it can be changed ... if lua script can be modified.

It's perfect, for my mod, I'll stick to only 50% resistance or complete immunity.