• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ShadowSpion

Senior Knight
71 Badges
Aug 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Alright I am richard the lionheart and emperor of Britannia. I want to vassalize the pope. Unfortunately, my stupid father had an antipope and the hre removed him. I get this thing saying 'antipope was forcibly removed'. When does that go away so I can vassalize the pope? I am on the beta patch and have free investiture. Thanks for the help.

Alright I am richard the lionheart and emperor of Britannia. I want to vassalize the pope. Unfortunately, my stupid father had an antipope and the hre removed him. I get this thing saying 'antipope was forcibly removed'. When does that go away so I can vassalize the pope? I am on the beta patch and have free investiture. Thanks for the help.

10 years from the removal, I think.

I've had games where that never goes away. I had a game where I wanted to RP my family to be defenders of the papacy and good Catholics. I defeated the HRE to remove their anti-pope. I had almost united Sicily and Italy to form the Empire of Italy as the de Hautevilles, I married Matilda and helped her and her allies win independence from the HRE.

A few generations later, maybe 150 years or so, the Pope granted invasion rights to someone for the Kingdom of Italy. I just barely defeated them and decided to make my own pope, vassalize the papacy and rule them once I created the Empire of Italia. It gave me the same message, so I had to satify myself with vassalizing him and making Rome my capital.

no problem. I looked it up in the files I think it is only supposed to last 50 years. Perhaps I counted wrong where can I find when the antipope was deposed?

A Bug exists that has been fixed in one of the beta patches iirc.
The bug is if an antipope is removed no antipope can be created again besides the 50 years passing.

A Bug exists that has been fixed in one of the beta patches iirc.
The bug is if an antipope is removed no antipope can be created again besides the 50 years passing.

Um which patch does this. Since I have the beta patch but I still have this problem?