• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Honkington

Private
16 Badges
Jun 14, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Darkest Hour
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings Complete
Hi everyone. CK2 noob here. Just have a few random questions.

1. I noticed that the Fatmids are called a Sultanate rather than a Caliphate. Is there anyway to fix that? I know it doesn't really matter, but it kind of irks me.

2. Does anyone know of any decent CoA mods for the Muslim dynasties? I've tried searching but always came up blank. All the ones in place now are awful. I mean I know there's not much info on what banners Muslims used, but the current ahistorical ones just simply look bad. The fact that I can't tell the difference between the banner of the Fatmid Caliph and a random Syrian emir is kind of dumb. Why not use the Arabic calligraphy that the Muslims are famous for rather than using random stars and crescents no Arab used till the Ottomans introduced the symbols?

Something like this:
abbassidop0.th.jpg

If there are no mods, is there a way I could add in images?

3. This one isn't really a game question, more of historical one, but does anyone know why Eastern dynasties tended to name their states after themselves? Why the Ayyubid Sultanate and not the Sultanate of Egypt? Chinese dynasties seem to have had a similar system.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

I don't think there's any way for you to change it so that the Caliph is known as, say, Caliph X of the Fatimid Caliphate. And since the Caliphate is a duchy-level title they can't make it their primary title. At least they're still titled Caliph and not Sultan.

Actually, know that I think about it aren't they just titled Caliph X? Not Caliph X of the Y Sultanate?

Yeah, you are correct. Simply calls them "Caliph X". However, when you leave your mouse over their territory it will say "Fatmid Sultanate" Again, I'm splitting hairs here, not really that important, just a tiny annoyance. Any idea on the Muslim CoAs thing? Or the historical question?