• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ivan Rogov

Lt. General
43 Badges
Jun 1, 2004
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
It doesn't flow through Buda/Pest or Zagreb in the game...why?

Lots of rivers are like that. Probably it's because of provinces shape (they included major rivers with TOG and probably didn't want to change the overall shape of the provinces).

I would be interested in hearing the official answer too.

>Danube
>Zagreb

U wot m8

The Danube's tributary, the Sava, goes through Zagreb, but not the Danube itself.

The reason is that they screwed up the initial Danube (it went nearer to Lake Balaton than it did to Pest) so they just used that.

Because it is a game with Paradoxian geography, that's why. It has a ton of geographic bloopers, like provinces hundreds of kilometers away from their historical location, holdings in wrong provinces, holdings representing cities with names given to them in 20th century, etc. Get used to it or use a mod. You can take a look at SWMH map, part of Historical Immersion Project in the mod section. Unlike Paradox guys, its creators actually did get the basics of European geography and history in their schooldays.

my personal favourite is some of the rivers in france are navigable, but the nile isnt. i always smile when i think of that.
1400996541487.jpg

Because of the same reason why entire Latvia is Baltic/Romuva in 867 (while 2/3 of it should be Finnic/Suomenusko in 867). The developers have put very little work into areas outside of Western-Europe and Scandinavia when releasing the game. They also refuse to fix errors that they initially made, even when reporting these bugs in terms of borders etc.

Because it is a game with Paradoxian geography, that's why. It has a ton of geographic bloopers, like provinces hundreds of kilometers away from their historical location, holdings in wrong provinces, holdings representing cities with names given to them in 20th century, etc. Get used to it or use a mod. You can take a look at SWMH map, part of Historical Immersion Project in the mod section. Unlike Paradox guys, its creators actually did get the basics of European geography and history in their schooldays.

Did the modders fix the border between Suomenusko/Finnics and Romuva/Balts in CK2? Making it more accurate and not putting Balts in Northern-Latvia in 867 etc.? I have never heard of this SWMH map.

Well, the process of remaking rivers is quite complicated.
First you need to delete the first iteration. This consists of removing traces of the river in the topology, rivers, colormap, colormap_water files.
Then you need to create a new river in the same file.
Then you need to adjust the provinces (perhaps even add a few) to fit on the new iteration of the river.
Then you need to change the adjacencies if they need to be changed (with the Danube this one is a must).
You'll likely need to do some other things, like shortening the flow of some regular rivers for your new major river to fit.

es333, please stop spamming every single thread with your problems with Livonia in CKII, you gain nothing by doing that. :rolleyes:

Well, the process of remaking rivers is quite complicated.
First you need to delete the first iteration. This consists of removing traces of the river in the topology, rivers, colormap, colormap_water files.
Then you need to create a new river in the same file.
Then you need to adjust the provinces (perhaps even add a few) to fit on the new iteration of the river.
Then you need to change the adjacencies if they need to be changed (with the Danube this one is a must).
You'll likely need to do some other things, like shortening the flow of some regular rivers for your new major river to fit.

es333, please stop spamming every single thread with your problems with Livonia in CKII, you gain nothing by doing that. :rolleyes:

Stop stalking me all over the forum. I just placed you into my ignore list, kid. Even if you post complete BS about the topics I discuss, you won't get my attention anymore, you need to find a new person to stalk now.

There are thousands if not millions of issues in the game like this, from a design perspective minor things, like a river or the size of the mountain or the religion of a guy in the history files or the name of a province.

There are however limited resources to go into development, limited number of developers and even those have limited time working on projects.

The biggest bung for the buck is for the to create new mechanics or fix and debug old ones (which is more important is a case by case thing)

The only relevant (and economical feasible) system to fix this issues, is if they take 1-3 guys and put them in charge of mod community support where modders fix this issues and this guys put them in the game. So instead of a developer putting time over history books or local cartography analysis, he instead puts in the game some actual code. Lets hope what groogy does now have that effect on the game and is continually and properly supported by the studio and his role expands to fix this minor issues (or better said to greenlight the changes the community makes to the game to be introduced in the vanilla)

Reactions:
Stop stalking me all over the forum. I just placed you into my ignore list, kid. Even if you post complete BS about the topics I discuss, you won't get my attention anymore, you need to find a new person to stalk now.
I came to this thread first, ya know. :rolleyes:
Besides, while I agree that the situation is bad (the kingdom of Lithuania also contains Polotsk, which is just bullshit), spamming any thread with it won't solve the problem.

my personal favourite is some of the rivers in france are navigable, but the nile isnt. i always smile when i think of that.

Because the Vikings never navigaded thought the nile and raided egypt... The Most navigable rivers in Europe are rivers who where raided by vikings.

Because the Vikings never navigaded thought the nile and raided egypt... The Most navigable rivers in Europe are rivers who where raided by vikings.
By that logic the Ganges and Indus shouldn't be navigable.

As far as I know, in vanilla CK2, only Norse can use rivers to navigate. I suspect they made those rivers navigable so as to allow people to live out their Norse in India fun.

No. Indus river was made a major river because it acts as the second line of defence of the Indian subcontinent (after the Hindu Kush mountain ranges).

By that logic the Ganges and Indus shouldn't be navigable.

European rivers are based on viking raiding. ;) And Egypt share the same ocean with them ingame. The problem would be that Vikings could ride Cairo etc then. The Indian rivers are there so vikings in India can use rivers in the Indian ocean.

And because of:

No. Indus river was made a major river because it acts as the second line of defence of the Indian subcontinent (after the Hindu Kush mountain ranges).

Could be technically represented just with adjacencies.
But I see your point.

The simple answer: Paradox used the original Crusader Kings/Europa Universalis/Europa Universalis 2 map as the basis of the current sh... khmm... map.