• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Raineh Daze

General
39 Badges
Dec 7, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Exactly what it says--I'd like to know if Schism-mending transfers all Catholic Holy Orders to Orthodoxy, and thus whether I should hold off on mending it until Crusades have been triggered (plus it gives a reason to form the Kingdom of Jerusalem--may as well have as many holy warriors as possible).

It might be moddable, I'll check when I get home if no one else knows. Feel like modding that into my game anyway now

This depends entirely on whether the Holy Order transfer that occurs when a heresy becomes the Orthodoxy is hard coded. Which it probably is.

This depends entirely on whether the Holy Order transfer that occurs when a heresy becomes the Orthodoxy is hard coded. Which it probably is.

Irrc - the "heresy to Orthodoxy" thing is an event - the "Great Schism" event pre-dates SoA, so it isn't coded for that. I suppose it's a bug - but given that the Byzantine Emperor is the only one who can mend the Schism, he probably hold all of Jerusalem and he should have already vassalised the Holy Sepulchre, that would give the Emperor roughly 20,000 holy warriors.

Kinda OP.

Nope, mending doesn't give you Catholic Holy Ordrrs.
In order to get them, you must convert to Catholic and overthrow Orthodoxy by having Catholic faith have more provinces than Orthodoxy. After that, you will have both the Catholic HO's and the Orthodox one. You can than overthrow Catholicism with Orthodoxy if you wish (although staying Catholic may be better).