• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Much of this has been mentioned, but here is what I'd like to see:

-No more depot requirement at beginning and end of line
-Ability for railed transport vehicles to reverse at terminus stations
-More control over city building/growth. Don't mean this game should be the next Sim City, but it would be nice to have a greater control over where buildings pop up, and what kind.
-Greater modability, building packs should be something that the modding community can create!
-Customizable paint colours on vehicles, giving our transit fleet its own unique look
+1

I think to start with I have to say if CIM3 was ever created it would be a good idea to look at what works well in both CIM1 and 2 and see about moving the good parts from both games into CIM3.

As an example this is what I would copy from CIM1:

-Trains reversing out of terminal stations. Loops might make sense for trams but I've only ever known surface metro and other trains to reverse out of a terminal platform.
-Passengers using the stairs and walking down to the platforms on both surface and underground metro stations.
-Airports and mainline railway stations that create the need to provide onward travel connections. You make a good network that way and your buses and metro as well as trams get more use as people pour off the mainline trains or a plane and want to travel further within the map.
-Real cities again if we could have these done maybe as a collaboration between the developers and players so maps can be created as new DLC.
-The ability to name roads and areas of the city. (That one is a really important thing and something I miss as I don't like not having the option to add in street names.

This is what I would copy from CIM2 into CIM3:

-Bus lanes
-Timetables and fare structures.
-Day and night cycle.
-The size of the maps since we could still create large sized cities.

As an aside I do have some basic ideas of other ideas that could go into a CIM3 game.

-Purpose build bus stations with proper bays so you can allocate your routes to specific stands to manage the passenger flow better during times of peak demand and keep your buses running to time. Every time I try to make my own bus station the routes get delayed since the buses have to queue to start their run.
-I don't know If we can already do this but what about individual fare structures so you could charge different rates of fare per route?
-Random events like track maintenance so you have to run a modified rail service and add buses to substitute a part of the track under repair.
-The need to provide dedicated school, college and workers routes since you could get paid in a lump sum for providing the service so you could subsidise any loss making routes with the income from your private Hire or charter bus services.
-The ability to offer free travel for selected passengers after a certain time as an example 9-30am onwards free travel on the buses for pensioners and disabled passengers. You could pay for this from the income from other passengers or maybe a regular grant from the city council etc.
-I know I said random events but what about your services being effected by random weather like snow or floods that close roads and metro lines so you have to modify your services while keeping people happy and moving?

I don't want to criticise CIM2 as it is a good game it's just that on a balance I've since gone back to playing CIM1 and it's a shame since there are features from CIM2 that would work well if we could combine what works well from both games if a third sequel was ever made then it would be the best of both worlds.

As an aside I do have some basic ideas of other ideas that could go into a CIM3 game.

-Purpose build bus stations with proper bays so you can allocate your routes to specific stands to manage the passenger flow better during times of peak demand and keep your buses running to time. Every time I try to make my own bus station the routes get delayed since the buses have to queue to start their run.
-I don't know If we can already do this but what about individual fare structures so you could charge different rates of fare per route?
-Random events like track maintenance so you have to run a modified rail service and add buses to substitute a part of the track under repair.
-The need to provide dedicated school, college and workers routes since you could get paid in a lump sum for providing the service so you could subsidise any loss making routes with the income from your private Hire or charter bus services.
-The ability to offer free travel for selected passengers after a certain time as an example 9-30am onwards free travel on the buses for pensioners and disabled passengers. You could pay for this from the income from other passengers or maybe a regular grant from the city council etc.
-I know I said random events but what about your services being effected by random weather like snow or floods that close roads and metro lines so you have to modify your services while keeping people happy and moving?
+1 Great ideas

I think they will invest in many DLCs in CiM2 yet or not, may already be working on the third version, my suggestion is to create a vision of the driver in the vehicle, no need to be in, it would be incredible.

I gave up CiM2 and went back to play CiM1. The first version seems more polished, has a better interface and a nice city atmosphere that lacks on the second.

The two main points I think that should be considered in CiM3 are:

- More moddable than CiM2
- Improve the artistic elements. In this aspect I think CiM1 was close to perfection while CiM2 hurts the eyes (not to mention a almost indecipherable interface).

Hi, thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. If we ever get a chance to work on another sequel we'll be sure to take all this on board!

In cities in motion 3 l would like to see map tile increase at least 4 times the size it is to create a more broader range of suburban area. Making the metropolitan area look more realistic driving transit vehicles from one town to another. Add new road icon that has boulevards with trees on both sides of the street . a crescent road icon for the end of a street. Great for the suburbs . More vegetation like marshes and swamps for water areas. High grass that has multiple colors use to accent rail and roadways in the country side. Other means of transportation like airports and shipping docks. Just in case Cities skyline doesn't pan out. I'm coming back to this game. I love the rail and road system with its tunnels and smooth streamlined curves and modding your own city. By the way we need icon tools for farming too!