• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

shulima

Captain
49 Badges
Jun 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of piles of Jewish courtiers that show up uninvited in my court? Can't marry them out because absolutely noone wants them, they're unconvertable, and they collectively hate my kingly ass for being a foreigner and an infidel. Well excuse me for being a Catholic in my own court.

Short of mass assassinations and a huge waste of money, anyone have a solution before I get assassinated myself with support of permanently disgruntled Sephardis?

(Oh yes, and I play Ironman so any console solutions are out of the question.)

There is a decision to 'expel the Jewry' if I am not mistaken. Although that sounds like a horribly solution. >.<

Next time you get spare country or duchy with lots of holdings, marry as many of them to each other as you can, and then hand out the land to them all. Conversion is slow, but not impossible.

Hand out the baronies/cities/temples (well, maybe not temples) one at a time until you've pretty much gotten rid of all the courtiers, who'll end up taking their wives and kids with them.

Might work in the short term.

Either expel them or place your Court Chaplin in your court to convert them, cause I believe they can still flip that way.

Expel them. They are extremely hard to if not impossible to convert. Plus free money! What makes it any worse than killing of banishing all the Christians in your realm as a pagan?

Expel them. They are extremely hard to if not impossible to convert. Plus free money! What makes it any worse than killing of banishing all the Christians in your realm as a pagan?

Pagans don't pretend. ;)

The hint with Court Chaplain was great, with 22 Learning my Chaplain converted all of them in relatively short order, allowing me to marry the useless off.

Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of piles of Jewish courtiers that show up uninvited in my court? Can't marry them out because absolutely noone wants them, they're unconvertable, and they collectively hate my kingly ass for being a foreigner and an infidel. Well excuse me for being a Catholic in my own court.

Short of mass assassinations and a huge waste of money, anyone have a solution before I get assassinated myself with support of permanently disgruntled Sephardis?

(Oh yes, and I play Ironman so any console solutions are out of the question.)

Irrc, you can still marry them matriliniarly to your débutantes, that should help with the useful ones. You can also land them once they have kids...

All of this assumes you have spare cash, of course. The advantage of landing him with a Christian wife is he'll still be available as a Councilor and not subject to your Chaplin, so you still get the Jewish bonus.

I don't see the problem, it all goes according to the Protocols :p

Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg

Was there a Jewish county that was taken over by a different religion? That would have caused them to flee to another court.

Every Jewish courtier I get hates me bitterly for being a gentile who doesn't speak Yiddish. Is this how Jewish advisers were to every Muslim sultan they served in real history? :(

Every Jewish courtier I get hates me bitterly for being a gentile who doesn't speak Yiddish. Is this how Jewish advisers were to every Muslim sultan they served in real history? :(

Perhaps Jewish advisers who show up in courts should generate with the appropriate Sympathy trait? So they only have issues with the frothing at the mouth zealots, not every individual of note around them.

Your Jewish advisors seem to help you to the ends of the Earth, but they still hate your guts.

"It's just business.", except the other way around.