• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Especially the trading nations pack. Who exactly are the Trading nations?
Just Novgorod, The Hansa, Aragon, and...Venice, Genoa?

I would also assume the trade companies which are created also...

Especially the trading nations pack. Who exactly are the Trading nations?
Just Novgorod, The Hansa, Aragon, and...Venice, Genoa?
I think we've been told the pack will only include new sprites for Novgorod, Hansa, Aragon and Genoa. No other nations will get new sprites with the pack, even though I'm not sure why they decided Genoa was more important than Venice.

I think we've been told the pack will only include new sprites for Novgorod, Hansa, Aragon and Genoa. No other nations will get new sprites with the pack, even though I'm not sure why they decided Genoa was more important than Venice.

Thanks! I try to read most of the dev commentents, but some information is a little fragmented.

Seems a bit odd to me that Aragon is getting sprites when it only has a single trade NI and gets annexed by Castile fairly early in almost every game. I would have prefered to see Venice (and even poor little Ragusa).

Seems a bit odd to me that Aragon is getting sprites when it only has a single trade NI and gets annexed by Castile fairly early in almost every game. I would have prefered to see Venice (and even poor little Ragusa).
Yeah, I would not have assumed sprite pack for trade nations having Aragon as one of it's only four "Trade Nations", when just in Europe, the nations whose power derived solely from trade include Ragusa, Venice, Genoa, the Hansa, Novgorod and Flanders. Aragon doesn't really count as a "Trade Nation", and it can't be included for a lack of Trade Nations, since there are plenty left out of the unit pack.

I'm not entirely complaining though, from the screenshots alone Aragon looks like it will have the best looking sprites in the game, I'm just puzzled why it get's them in this pack.

Yeah, I would not have assumed sprite pack for trade nations having Aragon as one of it's only four "Trade Nations", when just in Europe, the nations whose power derived solely from trade include Ragusa, Venice, Genoa, the Hansa, Novgorod and Flanders. Aragon doesn't really count as a "Trade Nation", and it can't be included for a lack of Trade Nations, since there are plenty left out of the unit pack.

I'm not entirely complaining though, from the screenshots alone Aragon looks like it will have the best looking sprites in the game, I'm just puzzled why it get's them in this pack.
Much like Native American, I think there will be a second trade nation pack...

i think that it won't be very hard to set also venice or anyone else you want to get the same sprites...

i think that it won't be very hard to set also venice or anyone else you want to get the same sprites...
Yeah, Iøve already changed sprites before (first Ottoman cavalry to look like the Mamluk one, while the first cavalry for the minor Beyliks get the vanilla Ottoman), and I've been thinking about finding out how others have made new sprite files with different texture paths, so I can use reskins of the Arogonese sprites for practically any Westerm European nation I want to play as.

France definitely needs a first level cavalry sprite, and a first level infantry sprite that's not using the armour that was outdated 50 years before game start.

if a new sprite pack has to be released then the napolenic era troops could be done, with nice uniforms for almost all nations

I'd rather see the early segments of the game filled out, since there is so much more room for diversity and uniqueness of the arms and armors...
Definitely agree more with you than Giacomo1405. Take a look at the vanilla first level sprites for Western and Eastern Europeans, and compare it to the fourth level sprites. One sprite level is definitely more in need of being replaced than the other.

or why aragon was more important than portugal, or why novgorod was more important than the netherlands