• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nico_p

Corporal
14 Badges
Mar 16, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
So I've been playing as an Indian lord for a while and am close to uniting the sub-continent and have been using the subjugation casus belli with pretty much every monarch so far without fail.
A little while ago I noticed that the subjugation cb I had against one kingdom all of a sudden disappeared but it was still there for the other few possible targets.

Now that my last king died and his successor has taken over I gained 500 karma and hoped to use it again but now it is not available against anyone.

I thought as an Indian ruler you could use it against any other Indian ruler on the subcontinent am I missing something?
I'm not trying to use it on Muslim rulers either - there's none left - only Buddhist and Jain rulers and my character is Hindu

You can only use it against your own culture group.

Code:
can_use = {
		ROOT = {
			religion_group = indian_group
			NOT = { same_realm = FROM }
			NOT = { is_liege_or_above = FROM }
			has_horde_culture = no # Should use tribal invasion instead
		}
		FROM = {
			religion_group = indian_group
			culture_group = ROOT
			NOT = {
				any_war = {
					AND = {
						defender = { character = FROM }
						using_cb = indian_subjugation
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

ahh I see - weird though do you know if this condition is new?

Before I was able to use it against everyone that's left in my game - I actually have used it in the past against everyone left they just had lots of kingdom titles.

no matter I guess I'll have to change culture groups as there's no other way of quickly absorbing large tracts of land except through marriage which isn't possible unless I change religions since they're all the wrong caste.

Or you can just invite claimant.
You should have enough land to create one of Empires (if you don't, subjugate another kingdom that you can), invite claimant to kingdom, land him, and press his claim.