• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheDonAJ

Sergeant
5 Badges
Mar 22, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
After a few years of playing, I click quick save. Mostly, it works, but half the time, it doesn't, it just stays on the save menu (when it successfully quick-saves, the save menu is minimised). I try to save it by clicking on the save button instead of quick save, but it still doesn't work, no matter what I call the save file. This can be really annoying when I've forgotten to save it for a while and I have to redo a lot of stuff I did that can't be saved (I've tried playing for a little longer when this issue happens, but once it happens, it won't allow you to save it. Also, I disabled auto save, because about 90% of the time my game crashes when auto saving. Please help, or list other forums on this topic. Thanks

This happens to me when I have too many saves.

If you have Windows 7, go to C:\Users\<your Windows account>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games and delete or move older saves. If you restart the game, you should be able to save again.

Do you mean delete/move them all? I have 5 games going on, and I had a lot of save files. I deleted all the ones but the newest, so now I have only 5 save files. Should I delete 4 and keep only one? (I'm prepared to keep playing only my favourite game)