• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hecaton

Major
47 Badges
Nov 21, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
So after reading the thread about the Hungarians being OP, I was wondering what particular realms/cultures seem to do weird stuff in CK. I know the Abbasids being an all-devouring all-consuming vortex is one, and there are others...

So after reading the thread about the Hungarians being OP, I was wondering what particular realms/cultures seem to do weird stuff in CK. I know the Abbasids being an all-devouring all-consuming vortex is one, and there are others...

Perhaps it was a bizarre accident of history that the Karling Dynasty became extinct relatively quickly, but in my experience this dynasty often stays dominant into the endgame.

yXUvhWo.jpg

Converted to EU4 at 1445. IMHO proof cadet dynasties are needed.

Perhaps it was a bizarre accident of history that the Karling Dynasty became extinct relatively quickly, but in my experience this dynasty often stays dominant into the endgame.

yXUvhWo.jpg

Converted to EU4 at 1445.

Just wait soon One of the larger Karlings will have PU's over every single nation with thier dynasty. Happens with players alot too with succession wars with dynasty members you know aren't even remotely related to eachother anymore.

The largest blob I've seen was where the Byzantine empire had its, the Persian empire's and the Russian Empire's de jure's, of course that was what I liked to call the three empire play through since the Karlings had united their successor states into the HRE and expanded into eastern Spain and eastern Europe, and the Irish Empire of Alba ruled the British isles. Come the EUIV transfer and a hundred years into the game the Byzantine and HRE had a epic succession war over Alba's throne.

The HRE conquering Africa and often Europe would have to count, I think. I've not seen it for a while now though, since it's not so bad from the Old Gods start.

The HRE conquering Africa and often Europe would have to count, I think. I've not seen it for a while now though, since it's not so bad from the Old Gods start.

I don't think the HRE in Africa thing has been very common since many, many patches ago.

rarely they do these days but it generally requires they control Sicily first which is usually in Byzantine hands, more common its the Muslims in Spain and the pagans in eastern Europe that face the wraith of the empire.