• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(622330)

Sergeant
1 Badges
Dec 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
So, with all the talk of possible expansions or DLC post-ROI, I figure I'd throw this out there...

Basically, my idea is for a DLC (not an expansion) that gives CK2 a scenario editor that would allow players to create their own sort of "alternate history" mods - in the vein of Lux Invicta - or alternate start date mods (a Rise of Islam bookmark, a Fall of Western Rome bookmark, etc.).

Players would be able to create new titles, de jure duchies/kingdoms/empires, cultures, religions, cassus belli, alter certain mechanics (such as succession/crown laws), etc.

Now, you may be asking "Isn't this exactly what modders do already?"

Yes. Yes it is. But not everyone has the patience or diligence to do what modders do, and I'm sure many modders themselves could benefit from a tool that makes their work easier. Heck, map making tools could be incorporated into it, enabling users to make new counties and entirely new custom maps if they want to.

Thoughts?

I would pay many many ducats for this. There are other strategy games that provide something similar (Making History and Making History II come to mind), and this could be a brilliant late-DLC for CK2. It would be quite difficult for the devs to keep it up-to-date, I imagine, much like the converter, but my god it would be brilliant.