• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VKW

First Lieutenant
42 Badges
Apr 11, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
So I had started up a game as Dyracchion in the Mongols start with the intention of creating Greece while remaining independent from ERE.

Anyways, I had been expanding at a decent rate, and eventually I was able to press a fabricated claim on the county of Methone, belonging to Venice. I was successful, but after I had conquered it, I realized that I had the "wrong type of holding in Demense" from holding the city-county. No big deal, I thought, I'm pretty firmly established and my vassals love me, I'll just revoke the Castle barony and give the city to a random courtier, which should make everything right. But to my shock, there weren't any castle holdings in the county. There were two cities and a Bishopric. Now I had thought that there was a rule that you had to build one of each holding before building double of anything, and I also would have thought that all counties have at least one castle holding to start with, but this was clearly not the case here.

Now I wouldn't have minded if I could have just given it to a courtier if I wasn't stuck with a -30 opinion malus for wrong government type as a vassal lord Mayor. So I tried to get around it by revoking the Bishopric(owned by a Catholic anyways) and granting it to someone Orthodox, then tried to give them the County to make it a Prince-Bishopric so as to avoid the opinion malus, but I was prevented from doing so because apparently I can't give cities to priests. So is this a bug or WAD?

o7n9j5.png

Last edited:
Rebels or raiders can destroy holdings
But they can't create a duplicate type of holding when there isn't at least one of each.

Just loaded up the game as Venice and at the mongols start date it starts as a Two city and a bishopric. Even though it is other wise at other starts. Not sure if this is intended or not.

But they can't create a duplicate type of holding when there isn't at least one of each.

Perhaps if there was one before, it's destruction didn't reset the check value.

edit:
Just loaded up the game as Venice and at the mongols start date it starts as a Two city and a bishopric. Even though it is other wise at other starts. Not sure if this is intended or not.
Oh, that's different then...

Anyways, I checked, and it looks like the holdings were initialized like that for all historical starts, from 1220 onwards. Looks like when Paradox gave Venice that county for those starts, they accidentally replaced the castle with a city.

EDIT: Beaten to it.