• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lonewolf1210

Sergeant
97 Badges
Aug 15, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Necroids
as Byzantine emperor, I tried to mend the Great Schism, but ran into the following problem:
I have all requirements done, except one: I dont fully control Rome. I fabricated claims on Rome and conquered it from the pope, but somehow he remained liege of 4 of the city/church baronies within the county Rome. But since the pope doesnt have any land himself anymore, I cant declare war on him and I cant declare war on the barons cause they are not independent.

Is there any ingame way to resolve that, or is that some kind of bug?

as Byzantine emperor, I tried to mend the Great Schism, but ran into the following problem:
I have all requirements done, except one: I dont fully control Rome. I fabricated claims on Rome and conquered it from the pope, but somehow he remained liege of 4 of the city/church baronies within the county Rome. But since the pope doesnt have any land himself anymore, I cant declare war on him and I cant declare war on the barons cause they are not independent.

Is there any ingame way to resolve that, or is that some kind of bug?

It is a bug, the only way to fix it right now is to assassinate the holder of the castle barony until the pope inherits it, while he still holds it (which will only be for a day, keep it paused) declare war for the city holdings and then last for the barony.

same thing happened to me. I solved it by giving rome back to the pope, I accidentally got a catholic ruler and redeclared war on the pope and fully conquer rome before peaceing out.

Also I'm having a problem mending the schism myself. I own all the provinces that are needed (I think, I can't see all the requirements). But it still will not let me launch the decision. I also can't find the location of the event, can anyone either give the location of it or the code.

edit: Found the problem, I apparently needed 2000 piety.

Last edited:
For me, it was a long process. First, I formed the kingdom of Italy, and then converted myself to Catholicism through strategic capital moving and religion changing. I converted some bishops to Catholicism, installed an antipope, pushed his claim, then the Papacy was a Byzantine vassal. Then I converted back to Orthodoxy, granted the Pope the Duchy of Crimea, and revoked his titles in Latium. Of course, this convoluted scheme made all my vassals hate me, but I mended the schism.