• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AndreiTLC

Major
2 Badges
Oct 17, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
Playing with HIP mod,it seems being bankrupt no longer has any penalties...this is since patch 2.11

I ve even modded it myself in the triggered_modifiers,and still...nothing happens.No relation penalty,or army morale penalty for being under 0 cash...

Is this WAD ?

Never heard of bankruptcy. Are you sure you don't mean Europa Universalis 4?

edit - sorry, you mean when your cash goes negative? As far as I have seen, I still get negative events. Mercs turn on me, and vassals still offer to buy holdings.

edit 2 - and I think the army might still suck in battle too, but I haven't paid attention since the last few patches.

Last edited:
I think it has been changed in vanilla a few patches ago.

Before, going into negative money costed you an immediate -50%(or was it 25%?) army morale, plus a chance for bad events.
Now we only have the event chance, I think, but if you go back in the green quickly you shouldn't see many of them, if any.

I wonder why they made that change. I can only assume it's to protect the a.i. because as a player, I think it's too easy to support armies as it is. Warfare seemed a lot more costly in CK.