• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WolfWaffle

Banned
3 Badges
Jun 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
In half my games mongols never even make it as far as the black sea.

Has the map change added anything interesting?

Nah, Mongols are powerful in the hands of a human player, it's the AI's pacifism that balances it out, I once had a game where the Seljuks just sat content with one province for the whole game.

The GH and Ilkhanate need to stop fighting each other for the Mongols to be a real threat.

Also the AI needs to stop resting their event troops in foreign territory every time a war ends.

Through some circumstances, I've had a game where the Golden Horde and Ilkhanate were allies. I watched in horror from my realm of Britannia as the Golden Horde tore their way through Eastern and Western Europe as the Ilkhanate destroyed the Middle East and Africa.

I've actually had no single game where the Mongols were stopped without human intervention, somehow. They at the very least take Russia every time.

If you are a world conqueror, of course fighting the Mongols is easy. Still, the game should probably stay fun for those of us who think world conquest is a boring way to play the game.

Through some circumstances, I've had a game where the Golden Horde and Ilkhanate were allies. I watched in horror from my realm of Britannia as the Golden Horde tore their way through Eastern and Western Europe as the Ilkhanate destroyed the Middle East and Africa.
They should always be allies; they're part of the same dynasty.