• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eugenioso

Banned
5 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
i had something that shocked me to the core. i was playing WIF2 germany, and i saw, at around 1937, that france had way too many divs for their time. i check, and i see theyre at war with Guyana.

'damn it' says i, as this messes up the game somewhat. i hate that with '33 start major powers like france and england get a war economy years before me. anyway, i go check the place, and i find out that...

guyana, the rebel country, had annexed Venezuela.

as in, a country with a starting army, yet they got annexed by 2 small rebel countries.

as in, again, a rebel guyana controls about 1/5th of the world's oil supply.

what shocked me was the execution; how the hell did guyana defeat a standing army?

i was super mega WTF'd

When in KR, Japan AI landed in Arkangelsk, north Russia and won the war, making Russia a puppet. Then the second weltkrieg was not FRA vs GER but GER vs JAP/RUS.

Serbia accepting the Austrian demands in 1914 scenario

Scenario 44 as Japan, Admiral Ozawa stabilizing the situation before attacking then defeating US/UK fleet after fleet of CV.
Then meeting a lone DD or CL from a South American country in strait of Malacca, aboard his CV, and dying during the first hour of fighting.

Essentially, I was about to encircle and destroy ~60 American divisions in Greece. Then they just disappeared before I could break through. To this day I don't know wtf happened.

28h0dmw.jpg

Playing as Great Britain with WIF2, I noticed what appeared to be free French troops crossing central Africa. I took military control of FF and found the units to be Iraqi troops loaned to FF.....WTF?

WIF2, defeated Japan as China and just stopped playing to enjoy WW3.

Hitler had been defeated, but conflict erupted between Stalin and Truman in 1948. Stalin couldnt pierce into France, as did Hitler 10 years earlier, as combined US-British-French-Italian forces held the red hordes at bay. 1950, Stalin gambled. Manchester was wiped out off the map by the first Soviet nuke, and the British surrendered. The empire fractured, as did the allied lines in Europe. Europe became RED.
1955, for years war had raged in mid east between US-Commonwealth and Soviet forces. Battlelines stretched from Syria to India, USA looked back to Britain and Europe longingly. They invaded UK, and western Europe. Paratroopers were dropped in Scandinavia. But Soviet forces would never let their gains go, and invaded back UK. The British civil war lasted until 1964 and game end.

WIF2, defeated Japan as China and just stopped playing to enjoy WW3.

Hitler had been defeated, but conflict erupted between Stalin and Truman in 1948. Stalin couldnt pierce into France, as did Hitler 10 years earlier, as combined US-British-French-Italian forces held the red hordes at bay. 1950, Stalin gambled. Manchester was wiped out off the map by the first Soviet nuke, and the British surrendered. The empire fractured, as did the allied lines in Europe. Europe became RED.
1955, for years war had raged in mid east between US-Commonwealth and Soviet forces. Battlelines stretched from Syria to India, USA looked back to Britain and Europe longingly. They invaded UK, and western Europe. Paratroopers were dropped in Scandinavia. But Soviet forces would never let their gains go, and invaded back UK. The British civil war lasted until 1964 and game end.

Was that multiplayer or single? sound like a lot of events.

Serbia did accept the demands

She did not accepted all,in my playthrough ,when this happened WWI was aborted :(

Edit: At the end still was a good gameplay,because so I cold do a freeplay destroying everything with Russian Empire

in a multiplayer game, as Germany, losing 25 Submarine flotillas to a fleet of 5 US CAs. I just sent out a bunch of subs thinking that they would do some damage, but the cruisers took almost no damage while destroying all of the subs except three that i retreated. Diamond cruisers...

edit: then right after that i sent out 4 cruisers of my own with 2 battlecruisers, but by the time they got to where the US CAs were, there was 3 US carriers. So i lost 2/3 my whole navy in a day

'damn it' says i, as this messes up the game somewhat. i hate that with '33 start major powers like france and england get a war economy years before me. anyway, i go check the place, and i find out that...

Ironically those rebellions are supposed to make it harder for them.

KR japan launching an amphibious assault on petrograd and from there annexing the soviet republic 9 years later
AI Y U NO CAN HANDLE 2 FRONT WAR??

She did not accepted all,in my playthrough ,when this happened WWI was aborted :(

Edit: At the end still was a good gameplay,because so I cold do a freeplay destroying everything with Russian Empire

If I remember, if Serbia accept the demands and become a puppet, some time later seems to trigger an event to Russia giving the chance to start WW1.

I like the new DH map but I would prefer more historical gameplay. Greece joined Axis and attacked Yugoslavia in my Italy game. Is there any mod to make DH more historical accurate?

France declaring war on Switzerland after Germany enacted Schlieffen Plan, happened just today.