• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Horrux

Captain
77 Badges
Nov 14, 2011
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • King Arthur II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris
  • Heir to the Throne
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
I am playing as the Jews, and my Khazaria has grown. I'm going for that Create Israel achievement.

And boy, oh boy, do I have a problem:

Basically, while I was making myself a nice and large kingdom, some muslim kingdom conquered basically everything from Afghanistan to West Africa, including Greece, a good chunk of Italy, etc. It's freaky humongous and scary. And, of course, since we share a border, it attacked me, for just ALL OF KHAZARIA. Screenshot (click for full size):

2014-03-30_00003.jpg

Now, it's hard enough defending against a monster like that, I have a problem where the counties' landscape description do not match the actual bonus/penalties in warfare.

In this screenshot, my 16k troops came from Sarkel. The 9k enemy troops were already there. I was counting on there not being a river crossing between Sarkel and Tana in order to give me a fighting chance, not against that 9k, but against the combined power of that 9k and the 11k coming from the south, which will also have a penalty. Screenshot (click for full size):

2014-03-30_00001.jpg

So here I was, not happy about the situation, but hoping that I have a fighting chance, what with my great commanders, tons of heavy infantry, a penalty for that incoming 11k stack and no penalty for my own. Except, well, you can see the red minus sign underneath my army. It is for a MAJOR river crossing, which, according to the description, there isn't one between Sarkel and Tana.

Yes, I do see the river just to the East of my troops, and yes, my troops come from Sarkel, but it is not indicated on the county description... Should I trust the visual? Or the description?

Now it seems I must lose this was and this whole playthrough from 867 to 1133 because these things are not clear.

Can someone help me understand?

Thanks

Last edited: