• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TartarGuy

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Mar 26, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
I don't know exactly where to ask this, but I was wondering if anyone else has been having trouble with custom rulers for the new nations that were added in 2.1.1?

I've been trying to play as a custom Kirghiz ruler and every time I start the game after using the cusomtisation tool on the default ruler the game always puts me in as some other random character who is completely different from the one I just spent time creating. Does anyone know why this might be or how to fix it? If it is a bug other people are experiencing then I thought it would be good to bring it to the attention of the developers. I am of course making sure that I click forward through each of the pages in Ruler Designer, and the game even shows me my custom ruler when I have finished and am ready to begin. However, as soon as I click the button to start playing, my custom ruler disappears and is replaced by someone different both from my character and the default one.

It worked for me, and i didnt notice any issues

I tried it with 2 Indian Raj's (i think that is the correct term).

Hm, I wonder if there could be some glitch that prevents you from customising new rulers in 2.1.1 without the 'Rajs of India' DLC? I have the 'Old Gods' so I should be able to freely customise a ruler from a new nation like the Kirghiz (who are Tengrist), but maybe the game isn't allowing me because I don't have the other DLC that lets you play the new religions?

Funnily enough my first custom char in RoI was Kirghiz as well – it worked fine, but I had RoI running. And the Turkish portrait/sprites pack.

If you’ve not got RoI running then it’s a bug – RoI is only to enable Indian rulers AFAIK. Make a bug report.

Funnily enough my first custom char in RoI was Kirghiz as well – it worked fine, but I had RoI running. And the Turkish portrait/sprites pack.
If you’ve not got RoI running then it’s a bug – RoI is only to enable Indian rulers AFAIK. Make a bug report.

Thanks. I'll do that.