• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Patrick Harte

Master of the Universe
94 Badges
May 1, 2004
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Hi everyone.

The S.P.Q.R. achievement is not firing for me. I have restored Rome, I control all the required territory, I do not have any independent baronies inside my realm, and I have vassalized the orthodox holy order.

At first I thought that the save was corrupted and I couldn't earn anymore achievements, but I tried doing the Holy Places achievement and I got it!

So please, help me, tell me what I might be missing.

I attach the the save file if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Thank you in advance!

View attachment Byzantine_Empire.rar

Are you currently playing on Ironman mode? That is the only way to get achievements. I take it that you haven't since you uploaded the save file, which based on what I know isn't possible with an Ironman mode save.

If you'd read the post, OP tells us that they obtained the Holy Places achievement as a test.
They also posted this about 12 hours before RoI and the patch were released, so I assume that everything you've all said is incorrect.

To be absolutely certain you've actually restored the old borders, did you get the event "Roman Borders Restored" ?
When you've fully restored the old imperial boundaries you receive an event telling you so.

I assume he is playing with a pre ROI patch. To continue these saves you must opt into the beta and I do believe achievements are not attainable.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...me-ever.-(&p=17125113&viewfull=1#post17125113

I would hope that's not true given that the developers said specifically otherwise prior to release (in the AMA thread):
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?762894-Crusader-Kings-II-Rajas-of-India-Patchnotes-and-Ask-us-anything!&p=17092570&viewfull=1#post17092570

More likely to get more comments if you post a screenshot of your map. Someone might key off the one missing province, like some island hidden off in a corner that you might have overlooked.
Here are some screenshots.

ck2_map_2.jpgck2_1.jpgck2_2.jpg

Are you currently playing on Ironman mode? That is the only way to get achievements. I take it that you haven't since you uploaded the save file, which based on what I know isn't possible with an Ironman mode save.
Yes, I'm playing Ironman and you can play Ironman from a local save.

maybe you down own some of the baronies; they might still be owned by a holy order
But if the holy order is my vassal, it should be alright, right?

I assume he is playing with a pre ROI patch. To continue these saves you must opt into the beta and I do believe achievements are not attainable.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...me-ever.-(&p=17125113&viewfull=1#post17125113

If you'd read the post, OP tells us that they obtained the Holy Places achievement as a test.
They also posted this about 12 hours before RoI and the patch were released, so I assume that everything you've all said is incorrect.

To be absolutely certain you've actually restored the old borders, did you get the event "Roman Borders Restored" ?
When you've fully restored the old imperial boundaries you receive an event telling you so.

I would hope that's not true given that the developers said specifically otherwise prior to release (in the AMA thread):
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?762894-Crusader-Kings-II-Rajas-of-India-Patchnotes-and-Ask-us-anything!&p=17092570&viewfull=1#post17092570
He's right, you can still get achievements. I didn't get the event, I looked for it, and I meet al the critaria for it to fire, still it doesn't.

I didn't get the event, I looked for it, and I meet al the critaria for it to fire, still it doesn't.

Then there's a sole independent barony (or more!) somewhere, which you have missed. Check the ledger page of independent states for independent baronies. If nothing appears there, then perhaps there's a barony that belongs to another independent realm.

If the event did not fire, there *must* be a barony that does not belong to you somewhere, no matter if you think there is none.

Got it! Germany had a little barony in Auvergne. It was not independent so it didn't show on the Independent Realms ledger.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me!