• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(767446)

First Lieutenant
6 Badges
Jul 12, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
So maybe im just completly stupid, but is the only way to gain honor through the monthly income and gifts/ranks from/to the emperor?
I just started my first game as the young Ashina Clan Leader ... and after conquering a one-province neighbour i now have so low Honor (becuz of DoW honor cost) that i cant declare anymore wars and have the feeling i just sit around and do nothing while i wait that my 0.10 monthly Honor-income will get me into a position in which i can do somethign again.

so my question is if there are other ways to gain Honor aswell ... a list with all the ways to obtain Honor would be really appreciated

Besides the Imperial court decisions and being at peace there are other means to gain more honor. Granting landed titles give you one time boost to honor. Building Pottery manufactories and Shinto Shrines give you monthly honor bonus. Some personality traits give you monthly honor bonus as well. And if you commit seppuku your heir gains more honor.

Last edited:
Building up enough Shinto shrines to become the leader of the religion will probably be the best way (though I'll caution you to always have some ninjas hired for defense if you're the head of a religion). Just being a member of the religion gives you a fair amount, and each shrine helps even if it isn't enough to bump you up to leader status.