• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

drewbc32

First Lieutenant
65 Badges
Feb 14, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
I've been looking for more info on this, but it's not a heavily discussed topic, which is understandable as I guess it's not that important but... How do you get Jews to come to your court? You can't invite them (however much they like you) because the religion penalty is too strong. You also can't marry a Jewish person because of the religion difference.

The way I see it, the only way to get them to your court, if you don't start off as a Jew is to play as a Norse Viking nation and abduct them, or for them to automatically "wander" to your court. The thing I've noticed with this is that they only seem to come to your court if you're an independent nation. I've never had any arrive at my court while I was anyone's vassal (and I played for several generations). While on the other hand if you're independent, several will arrive at your court. (And you can breed them, like I did in one game. And have a court with like 20 sephardic Jews in Aragon lol) But how else can one acquire more of these (wonderful) ppl without kidnapping them or starting as the Jewish Kazars?

I did get an event once were a courtier offered their services.

I was regularly borrowing from them and that may have been the trigger.

Get rich. :rofl:

Don't they come to your court when you borrow money?

Ok I see. But the thing I was wondering was if they would still randomly appear at your court if you were a vassal. In my experience, they don't. Only if you're an independent ruler.

if you don't start off as a Jew is to play as a Norse Viking nation and abduct them, or for them to automatically "wander" to your court. The thing I've noticed with this is that they only seem to come to your court if you're an independent nation.

Do you imply you play as Norse? I believe Jew courtiers do not appear in your realm then, unless you make someone who already happens to have them in court as your vassal, for example if there would be independent catholic count in de-jure area of slavic Poland.

Last edited: