• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coldo121

Private
3 Badges
Apr 1, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
Hello,

Could someone please tell me where Rulesets are saved when created in game? I've tried the Rulesets folder in the AppData directory but they are not there.

Also, when I download other Rulesets and place them in the Users/<name>/AppData/LocalLow/Collossal Order/Cities in motion 2/Rulesets directory, they do not appear to be selectable in the game.

Please help.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've checked and Colossal Order is spelt correctly on my computer. I just made a typo on here.

For some reason, saved Rulesets still don't show in that directory and downloaded ones don't appear in the game.

I am running xp my rulesets are here: C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Colossal Order\Cities in Motion 2\rulesets

This folder C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Colossal Order\Cities in Motion 2
is where just about everything is located for the game.

It should be located in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\LocalLow\Colossal Order\Cities in Motion 2\Rulesets unless you're using XP such as kensternation.

If you've saved to the Steam cloud then it should also be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[your steam id]\225420\remote and look something like _rulesets%002f_pefect%0020_rules.ruleset-part0. Copying and renaming that file to something like MyRuleset.ruleset should work.