• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

111axa1

Pretentious Imperatus
40 Badges
May 4, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I admit, I'm extremely gamey. That being said, if a Patrician is not the heir to the republic it only costs 50 gold to assassinate him. The wealth belonging to the last Patrician of a house goes to you since you're the liege. That being said, each new Patrician starts out with 300 gold. All of you have to do is spam assassinations or use the assassination plot (although if you do it that way you'll only get around 120 gold since he'll have spent the rest on something).

I'm sure most would consider this an exploit, albeit is can lead to a string of assassination attempts and the eventual collapse of your dynasty (which only happened once). I'm surprised no one has talked about this, and no I'm not one of those people trying to be a dictator..but it's something to be discussed.

Note: I remember watching a semi-documentary on Nero, I'm not sure if this was totally accurate (although it somewhat fits this situation) but he began to force the richest men in the empire to commit suicide, leaving all of their possessions to him that he might fund the reconstruction of Rome. I don't find it too far fetched that a mad ruler might murder the richest of his citizens (and in this case, rivals as well) in order to seize their assets. Thus one might argue that because this is possible it should be doable (which I would agree with). Of course, I don't recommend some horrendous hard cap, but maybe Patricians should be a bit harder to off (regardless of whether or not someone is seeking their familial wealth).

... I'm sure most would consider this an exploit, albeit is can lead to a string of assassination attempts and the eventual collapse of your dynasty (which only happened once). I'm surprised no one has talked about this, and no I'm not one of those people trying to be a dictator..but it's something to be discussed. ...

Ironic, considering your recent post in the <10% thread, where you decry calling out "bloody exploit" .

Why does this need to be discussed?

Ironic, considering your recent post in the <10% thread, where you decry calling out "bloody exploit" .

Why does this need to be discussed?

To be completely honest I was just curious about what others had to say, I'd already made up my mind that it's entirely possible for a corrupt lunatic to kill his citizens and claim their assets. Although, I do admittedly think that killing Patricians should still be a bit harder, considering they cost just as much as some landless nobody.

Edit: The reason I might have an easier time defending trade posts is because they're meant to give certain benefits, where as it's fairly easy to turn Patricians into walking money pots open for the taking.