Europa Universalis IV Open Beta - 1.4.1.9 - checksum: 8131

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Besuchov

Studio Manager, PDS
Paradox Staff
64 Badges
Mar 6, 2001
  • Sengoku
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Impire
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Diplomacy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
Time for another open beta. The previous one were'nt quite ready for release, and since we are continuing working and playing EU4 we find more things we want to change. There is also a couple of exports for modders in this one.

Current plan for release is later this week or early next week , "when its ready".

OBS: To make the process less confusing. The latest open beta is allways in the open_beta-nextpatch branch, opt into that and allways get the latest one.

Patchnotes 1.4.1.9
---------------------
- Fixed an annex CTD
- controlled_by = REB should now work correctly outside of rebel_types.txt
- sieged_by = REB should now work correctly outside of rebel_types.txt
- Fixed a bug that was causing countries to sometimes never leave coalitions

Patchnotes 1.4.1.8
---------------------
- Fixed crash when AI country changes tag and repays loans at the same time
- Fixed crash brought about by annexing

Patchnotes 1.4.1.7
---------------------
- Fixed freeze resulting from 'inheriting' dependencies on annex

Patchnotes 1.4.1.6b
----------------------
- On map interface for macro interface will no longer get stuck if a province gets sold while it's shown.
- Fixed problems with inheriting dependencies on annex

Patchnotes:
-----------
- When signing a peace against an enemy where your allies in the war are occupying provinces they want, you will now get an opinion penalty towards them if you do not give them anything. Size of the opinion penalty depends on how much they are occupying and how much you yourself are taking.
- Random new world less random (when loading savegames)
- Fixed a bug with regencies in has_new_heir trigger
- Removed decision chinese_nation
- Moved centralization bonus from chiniese_nation to flavor_mng.17
- Event flavor_tur.102 now deducts money as intended
- Added total_base_tax trigger
- All vassalization missions require target country to have less than 25 total base tax
- Updatet all loading tips based on feedback from forum
- If the observer observes a country that gets annexed, the observer will no longer get the end of game-screen.
- Fixed a bug where lesser in union couldn't declare war on overlord.
- Loading an ironman save will now show TI in game setup.
- Steppe Nomads can no longer become Protectorates.
- Shields for rebels no longer have the "havn't discovered"-tooltip.
- Added shortcut for natives/subject view.
- Fixed wierd text in tooltip for the message setting "popup and pause".
- Fixed some broken tooltips in trade interface.
- Fabricate Claim discover chance will no longer show "No modifiers" if a rival modifier is valid
- Fixed missing localisation for event conquest_of_paradise.300 "Ban Fur Trade"
- Re-wrote north_american_desc to fit the new mechanics
- Mission insult_rival is not allowed if the target already has the insulted opinion modifier
- change_controller effect should now work correctly
- controlled_by = REB should now work correctly
- Added REVOLT_SIZE_BASETAX_MULTIPLIER to defines
- Added REVOLT_SIZE_MANPOWER_MULTIPLIER to defines
- Added REVOLT_SIZE_REVOLTRISK_MULTIPLIER to defines
- Removed wrong localisation for tag ZAN
- Ulm now starts with a regent
- Riga now has a regent after 1561
- 426 - Mazandaran now discovered by eastern tech group
- Updated CONNECT_TO_SHIP_DESC to account for new mechanics
- Fixed grammar in MORALEDESCR
- Fixed grammar in CONVERT_RULER_NOT_POSSIBLE_DRO
- Fixed grammar in war_cabinet_desc
- Fixed grammar in massed_battery_desc
- Fixed grammar in ahom_diplomacy_desc
- Fixed grammar in office_of_the_peshwa_desc
- Fixed grammar in NOREDUCE_WAR_NO_WE
- Fixed grammar in mediterranean_christian_fleet_desc
- Fixed grammar in FABRICATECLAIMS_4
- Fixed grammar in STEER_LATER
- Fixed grammar in EVTDESC6609
- Fixed grammar in purple_phoenix.3.d
- Salzburg country color is now a bit darker
- Added GetTradeGoodsName text property to provincetext
- Fixed broken trigger in event 4034 "Social reform"
- Added chance of noble rebels in "The Revolutionary Republic" events
- Fixed spelling in revolutionary_republic_desc
- Renamed 722 - Jurim to Jirem
- Renamed 660 - Xishuan Banna to Sibsongbanna
- Fixed grammar/spelling for Dai-Phat cavalry, Ambush Infantry, Redcoat Infantry and Tercio Infantry
- Fixed grammar/spelling for Black Riders, Yaya Infantry, Muslim Mass Infantry and Qizilbash Cavalry
- Fixed grammar/spelling for Sowars, Musket Charge Cavalry and Muslim Dragoon
- Fixed grammar/spelling for Defensive Asian Foot Soldier and Samurai Cavalry
- Tunis and Tripoli are in a union from game start to 1510 (to represent Hafsid Empire)
- Fixed errors and updated/added names to Byzantine Empire and Trebizond
- Fixed effect in wrong scope for event flavor_spa.3153 "The Trade Center of Sevilla"
- Fixed subject = no in establish_spanish_carribean mission
- Decision institute_the_societas_jesu now requires adm_tech 10 instead of 9
- Event flavor_spa.3153 "The Trade Center of Sevilla" now requires a colonial nation instead of 3 colonies
- Improved Spanish localisation for FORMCOALITIONACCEPT
- Improved Spanish localisation for "The Catholic League" event
- Fixed wrong Spanish localisation for quantity_ideas and quantity_ideas_bonus
- No longer possible to form protectorate when your not in the higher techgroups (no more Aztec protectorate of Sioux)
- Added more localisation
- Fixed old tooltip for diplomatic annex
- Seting a player to control a nation that the player allready controlled will no longer risk start the AI (caused some ingame loading bugs wher colonies where lost)
- Adding subjects will now update borderdistances
- Fixed CTD when forming JAP after annexing JAP. Loans for annexed countries are now correctly deleted.
- Annexing should now transfer dependancies

Last edited:
"When signing a peace against an enemy where your allies in the war are occupying provinces they want, you will now get an opinion penalty towards them if you do not give them anything. Size of the opinion penalty depends on how much they are occupying and how much you yourself are taking."

Good one! It makes sense.

"Adding subjects will now update borderdistances"
I suppose this means we can colonize provinces bordering our colonial nations? That would be nice.

"Annexing should now transfer dependancies"
Perfect, annexing Portugal and not getting their colonies was a bit annoying.

- When signing a peace against an enemy where your allies in the war are occupying provinces they want, you will now get an opinion penalty towards them if you do not give them anything. Size of the opinion penalty depends on how much they are occupying and how much you yourself are taking.

I like the change in general, but will there be any indication of their desired provinces? Do we simply have to check their claims or is there more to it?

Meh. Still need either a removal of the -100 Great Power penalty or at least a mod option to remove it.

Yes because what EU4 really needs the most right now is more blobbing and steamrolling. /s

Jesus Buddha Allah!

This is the thing I've been literally asking for years since EU3. Wow. Good to hear it's finally in.

Wait... Where is colonial distance fix? Am I still unable to colonize landlocked provinces blocked by my colonial nation? If it hasn't been fixed..... it's unbelievable. :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Wait... Where is colonial distance fix? Am I still unable to colonize landlocked provinces blocked by my colonial nation? If it hasn't been fixed..... it's unbelievable. :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Not mentioned in the notes, but it is fixed.

I should have waited until this patch to do my steppes game... allowing vassalization of Steppe Hordes pretty much makes steppe provinces super valuable again. I kinda wished they would buff Steppe Hordes because its kinda silly that the Hordes are so easy to conquer -and- sitting on large quantities of rich land.

Very nice.

I mean sure, a lot of it is "cosmetic", but a lot of "cosmetic" things needed fixing, like the grammar fixes and some awkward tooltips.

That said, the borderdistance change and enhanced dependency transfer are both much welcomed fixes.

Two question, though.

1) Is there a way to know which provinces the AI wants, apart from claims?
2) Does the AI actually give provinces to an ally, now, or is this change wholly thought to impede the human player?

I like the change in general, but will there be any indication of their desired provinces? Do we simply have to check their claims or is there more to it?

Yeah how do we know whether the AI actually wants something or not? Sometimes I notice AI will take land on which it has no claims in some wars so do we guess or is there some in-game indicator?

It is mentioned, that's one of the fixes caused by the "updated borderdistance".

Sorry for missing that, I was just replying and assumed the person I was replaying to was correct. It is fixed, that is the most important part.

- Annexing should now transfer dependancies

In my quick tests, it still does not! It's not transferring PUs, CNs, or Protectorates. It's only transferring Vassals, which is exactly like it has been for the whole beta (since 1.4.1.1)

Is there some exception or special rule to this? Maybe you can explain, is it meant to simply transfer all dependencies to the country that annexes the other country? Or is there some special circumstances? Because at the moment it seems just as non-working as per the first beta 1.4.1.1

This is the bug I already raised about this: [1.4.1.1] 'Annexing .. country takes over all dependencies' - applies to vassals only

I will continue testing before I bump that bug, but so far it appears not to be changed at all.

This patch is not released yet. Beta is still running 1.4.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.