• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VienLa

Captain
7 Badges
Nov 3, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Hi there. And to think just a few days ago I was mocking Arumba's Republican Revolution series... Well, at least it got me interested into playing Republics.

Aaaanywho. I started playing as Visconti family of Pisa in 1066 with a personal goals to:
a) Become a king (patrician? Doge?) of Africa, and
b) Don't act towards getting a Serene Doge chair, staying just a normal patrician - at least until I'll get the desired title (or at least a duchy).

(I know, I'm not too hardcore player. I'd figure more goals after reaching this one.)

It was fun and all, until I aquired my first city in the duchy of Tunis. Then I realised that I have no casus beli against those heathens! Not even "claim a county you clearly have a city in"! Why can't I holy war them? Do I really need to put on my plotting pantalons and bring the bribing budget to become a doge? Or fabricate claims? Sigh, I'm disappointed. Or am I just doing something wrong? Is there an easier way of doing all this?

Thanks. Turned out I needed a whole county, not just a city, though.

I have different problems now - Pope is a vassal of Holy Roman Emperor (might've had something to do with an antipope deal) and earns almost no money, and one of patrician families doesn't have a family palace or, well, any holding at all (although they do own some trade posts) - not sure if I should report any of that in bug section or not...

Thanks. Turned out I needed a whole county, not just a city, though.

I have different problems now - Pope is a vassal of Holy Roman Emperor (might've had something to do with an antipope deal) and earns almost no money, and one of patrician families doesn't have a family palace or, well, any holding at all (although they do own some trade posts) - not sure if I should report any of that in bug section or not...
Yes, it's a bug. I think you should start another game, because you will start having a tons of weird things ruinig your game
(In my game, my family was in two republics (Venice and Genoa) somehow, there were two patricians, two mansions, etc. - the problem is, my Desired Heir was applied to Genoa and theirs to my Venice... yeah... I ended up killing members of that other branch and conquering Genoa to stop this silliness... Still have a lot of weird bugs in that game)

In my game the same has hapened. A member of my family leads one of the families in genoa, and i am in venice! Hilarious.