• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jss0174

Corporal
2 Badges
Mar 13, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
Hi, I've looked all over for an answer to this specific question.

I have a GG 1.06 version of CKII, I've downloaded the manual install version of 1.07b, and...
Manually installing 1.07b does not work like the days of old. ("Can not find an installed version of CKII).

I read the bit on the move from GG to Steam, and I have a Steam version of the game with ALL the patches (Which I do NOT want. I hate everything beyond 1.092).

So, I'd like to know how to update my 1.06 GG copy to 1.07 ONLY without having to use Steam (Which adds above and beyond what you want apparently.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

There is no (supported) way to use and upgrade/downgrade old versions of CK2. Neither GamersGate nor Steam or any other distributor will give you old versions or help you in any way with them. You're on your own.

Personally I would recommend to keep one spare copy of your installation directory for every patch level. It's the only way. (Aside from Russian-hosted Warez sites, but I'm not going to recommend those.)

Solution for those with GG CK2 (1.06):

1. Download the "Backup Copy" from Gamersgate. This fresh copy will work.
2. Download the patch you want.
3. Dump the patch in the folder, run it.

Problem solved.

What is this "Backup Copy" that you speak of? I bought my copy of CKII from Gamersgate, and no one told me about any "backup copies" that were pinned to earlier versions.