• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Part five: The Great Power Club

I finish Market Structure in August 1843. This is in preparation to become a great power as the tech gives +20 % Diplomatic Influence. I start to research Ideological Thought.

k4nr.jpg

This event shows up on Christmas Day in 1843. I believe the resources could be better spent elsewhere and get 2 prestige and all pops in Zanzibar gets 4 militancy. This was on top of 3.4 militancy that I already had.

e56u.jpg

Something has to be done with the militancy, so I did what any other person would do:

03w2.jpg

Better healthcare for the people!

On the 24th of March 1844 France includes the Netherlands in their sphere of influence.

9wm6.jpg

The Netherlands spontaneously declares that they want nothing to do with France.

g690.jpg

France decides that enough is enough and declares war on the Netherlands. All their allies join the French-Dutch War.

fqjr.jpg

kjdy.jpg

The United Kingdom decides in mid April 1844 to intervene in the war against France.

o883.jpg

This might not look good for France.

1vy0.jpg

The 9th of July 1844 will always be remembered in the history of Danzig. The day Danzig was recognised as a great power by the other great powers. I want to sphere all the German minors, so I immediately start influencing Hesse-Kassel.

08ns.jpg

Status of the French-Dutch War in December 1844:

fyn5.jpg

The second election in Danzig ends in July and the winning party is Konservative Partei.

b36t.jpg

Ideological Thought finishes in July as well and the Danziger scientists are forced paid to research Experimental Railroad.

vwox.jpg

In April 1845, Hesse-Kassel's opinion of Danzig increases to Cordial.

68rv.jpg

In May, France surrenders to the British and accepts Status Quo Ante Bellum.

i7o3.jpg

The scientists in Danzig discovered Pressure Chamber for Thorax Surgery in July 1845, but scientists in other countries had already discovered this.

md0h.jpg

Experimental Railroads finishes in September 1845 and Business Regulations will be the next technology.

h6p9.jpg

The Blight of 1845 starts in late September, and I decide to help the farmers for a loss of prestige but not as high population loss.

ms80.jpg

In late October, Prussia finds out that they were set up in the war with Austria and cancels our alliance.

yqua.jpg

I like AARs for tiny countries in Victoria 2, and the fact that you've already become a Great Power. I'm subbing :)

oeh sweet. I hope you can really into space. You don't have to war all the time either for an AAR, infrustrializing can be just as interesting.

Part six: The Rebellion

In late December 1845, a group of Danziger citizens, angered by the fact that there was no unified German state, takes advantage of the lack of defenders in Danzig. They demand a more liberal government and a unified German state.

m7b8.jpg

Aerial Bacteria and Antiseptic Principle is invented in March 1846.

p340.jpg

In May, Austria includes Saxony in their Sphere of Influence.

4ho1.jpg

In May 1846, the siege of Danzig is over. The capital is now controlled by rebels.

bz9d.jpg

In June, the government of Danzig gives in to the rebels' demands:

zff5.jpg

Looks fascinating, subbed!

Part seven: Aftermath of the Revolution

Luckily, Prussia rejected the crown from the gutter, but the worst part of the revolution was the prestige loss. I lost about 20 % of Danzig's prestige (131 to 106), which meant that I am now in danger of falling down to secondary power status. I need more prestige, so I start justifying a Add to Sphere war against Makran.

p8k2.jpg

I give the people better voting rights.

7hy0.jpg

I get the infamy for my war justifying in August 1846.

fncu.jpg

On December 1st, I get my Casus Belli. I load my troops into my navy and start sailing toward Makran.

ehjz.jpg

On the 20th of December, Belgian nationalism draws the attention of the great powers, and a crisis begins. This happened right before my ships had reached the coast of Makran, and now I can't declare war before the crisis is over. Thank you Belgians!

xztl.jpg

France backs the Belgians, while Russia backs the Netherlands. I get the crisis event, and join the crisis because I don't want to loose half of my prestige. Prussia and The United Kingdom backs Russia, while Austria backs France. Because a war with Russia and Prussia will destroy me reduce our opinion of each other, I back Russia as well.

sqq3.jpg

Months go by and I start to believe that I will loose my great power status. In May 1847, France gives in and Russia wins the crisis. I get about 15 prestige from being on the winning side, which actually is enough to get to 7th place again. This means my great power status is secured for a little while.

ciuo.jpg

The same day the crisis was concluded, I declare war on Makran.

0zxd.jpg

I have an army that is twice their size and I have a great general.

rcnh.jpg

The first battle in Danzig's history ends well and the Royal Army only looses 25 soldiers.

ehqk.jpg

The Prussian resistance for influence in Hesse kassel grew too strong, so I started influencing Nassau instead. Their opinion increased to cordial in August 1847.

6v3y.jpg

Business Regulations finish in August 1847, and I start researching State and Government, because I want Nationalism and Imperialism as fast as possible.

3opo.jpg

In November, Nassau's opinion of Danzig increases to Friendly.

0sha.jpg

In December, we win the occupation of Bela, and the war with Makran is over. They are now our sphere of influence. Hopefully, they are the first of many...

7efu.jpg

ix89.jpg

In February 1848, we remove Nassau from Prussia's sphere.

tw2i.jpg

... And in August, they are added in our sphere of influence.

w4px.jpg

On the 11th of October 1848, Austria brakes their alliance with France.

iet1.jpg

On the 31th of October, exactly 20 days after the alliance between Austria and France was broken, I get a massive amount of popups:

e07p.jpg

Prussia declared war on Austria. They wanted Schlesien back, and they waited for the perfect moment to strike...

Interesting AAR you ave here, subbed!

BTW, those rebels, I think, were a bit good news, as you have 6000 troops now!

Interesting AAR you ave here, subbed!

BTW, those rebels, I think, were a bit good news, as you have 6000 troops now!
No, unfortunately I didn't get to keep the troops. The troops I used against Makran were the colonial army that I got after the war Prussia I won against Oman

why not conquer Makran as well?
Because they have a very small POP, and you get 5 prestige(?) from conquering them and by forcefully adding them to my sphere I got 10 prestige. Add to sphere is actually a more efficient war goal than humiliate, because humiliate gives 5 prestige for 3 infamy while add to sphere gives you 10 prestige for 4 infamy and you get the nation in your sphere of influence.

Part eight: The Prussian Liberation of Schlesien

All the allies of Prussia and Austria joined the war.

80gr.jpg

On the 14th of January, Denmark decides that it is doing well in the war and adds a wargoal to Humiliate Saxony.

yjaa.jpg

Two days later, Prussia signs a peace with Saxony.

4djq.jpg

Who did you say was going to be humiliated Denmark?

Three days later Prussia signs peace with Baden. Austria also constantly signs peace treaties with some of Prussia's smaller allies, but they are so small and so numerous, that there is no point in including it.

0p0u.jpg

In the beginning of April, after about 3 months of brutal fighting, Berlin falls for the second time in 15 years.

0srn.jpg

State & Government is finished in June, and I start to save up points for Impressionism.

cm9t.jpg

Here is an overview of the war in June 1849.

qhnr.jpg

Dark blue countries are Prussia's fallen allies and light green countries are Austria's fallen allies.

War score in June 1849:

qj18.jpg

The elections in Danzig finishes and Konservative Partei again wins the elections.

2ovo.jpg

In July, the United Kingdom decides to release Colombia to free up colonial points.

rz9f.jpg

In September, the war is still not going in Prussia's favour.

bzl9.jpg

In November, the Ottoman Empire looses it's great power status to Spain.

c1oj.jpg

On the 5th of November 1849, Austria surrenders to Prussia and cedes Schlesien.

2pgg.jpg

Oops. going to be rough, with Prussia focusing on NGF minors now that they have Schlesien...
I really hoped they would fail and give up after they lost Berlin, but they are very stubborn and doesn't give up before they thoroughly beaten.