• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(526990)

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Jul 21, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
One small request for the next version of CORE - that stealing blueprints is either cheaper or more likely to work. I think the values are fine for the vanilla game, but with the way CORE makes use of the tech tree, you end up stealing something you can't actually use half the time.

I started working on that some time ago but stopped. The solution would be to give each nation blueprints on everything it doesn´t need (at least techs that are not even shown on-screen). A hell of a lot of work, so I gave it up.

Since you know some modding, just change it in spy_cost.txt and you can enjoy it.

but with the way CORE makes use of the tech tree, you end up stealing something you can't actually use half the time.

I don't actually use that function, but given CORE's commitment to realism I think the likelihood of stealing a useful blueprint should be decreased if anything. How many technologies can you think of that were actually stolen and used with meaningful effect in the course of the war?

Yes, I agree with that. A lot of experience was gained by studying captured equipment.