• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gingerninja

Major
96 Badges
Mar 20, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Baron"
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
- The Jomsvikings now reform if the Norse reformation takes place
From patch 1.101. To me that means they form regardless of whether the provinces in Pommerania are held by Norse rulers or not. That said, it's now been LOTS of years since I reformed in my current MP game, and they are yet to show up. I don't hold anything in Pommern.

Do I really need to hold Pommerania (or at least another Norse ruler) or do I just need more patience? The reason I ask is because all the other reformed pagans have their holy orders now, even though they reformed after me, and the Christians keep roflstomping me with the heavy cavalry.

And considering the patch note changes, should they form regardless of whether Pommern is Norse? (I of course think yes!)

From patch 1.101. To me that means they form regardless of whether the provinces in Pommerania are held by Norse rulers or not.
No, what it means is that if the religion reforms, they will too, so they wont be old norse all the time. Stettin, Wolgast, Rügen or Werle needs to be held by someone Norse.

From patch 1.101. To me that means they form regardless of whether the provinces in Pommerania are held by Norse rulers or not. That said, it's now been LOTS of years since I reformed in my current MP game, and they are yet to show up. I don't hold anything in Pommern.

Do I really need to hold Pommerania (or at least another Norse ruler) or do I just need more patience? The reason I ask is because all the other reformed pagans have their holy orders now, even though they reformed after me, and the Christians keep roflstomping me with the heavy cavalry.

And considering the patch note changes, should they form regardless of whether Pommern is Norse? (I of course think yes!)

The patch notes mean that Jomsvikings go from Old Norse to reformed Norse if Norse has been reformed. It doesn't mean anything about their creation conditions.