• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RedNomNoms

Major
77 Badges
Jun 29, 2011
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Darkest Hour
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Necroids
As I Jew, I was ecstatic to see all the improvements created by the Sons of Abraham. Founding Israel, rebuilding the Temple, and the reformation of the Zealots (who I promptly gave Masada) all were extremely gratifying, so I would like to start out with firm praise for the CKII Development Team for their excellent work on the DLC.

However, there were some thoughts I had on some minor tweaks that would majorly improve the DLC in my eyes. First, simply the addition of a "Kohan" trait, that would be passed down patrilineally, and would be required in order for someone to be a Kohen Gadol (similar to the traits involved with Caliph). The second would be the addition of a Herem mechanic, which would function exactly like Excommunication, except for being for Jews and by the Kohen Gadol. The final thought is the addition of a Sanhedrin Gadol, which in game could simply function like a CoC for the Kohen Gadol, with the replacement of the "Cardinal" title being "Nasi."

Since all of these mechanics are in the game, if someone is willing to point me in the right direction, I'd be happy to try and make a mod for it myself, though I would think it'd still be possible to add in a patch rather easily(ish maybe) due to the copy, paste, edit nature of all these proposals. While they all aren't exactly representative of their real-world equivalent, I think the CKII team has done a good job of translating the complex nature of many cultural and religious institutions (i.e. the Catholic Church) into the game, and think this is in the same spirit.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the matter?

I think these are all great suggestions--especially the Kohen trait and the Sanhedrin (which should be a decision that becomes available after rebuilding the temple). I'd rather this get patched in the main game (like how the Zoroastrians got the Immortals) than have it just be a mod, because this is all basic stuff that only requires adapting existing mechanics to Judaism. Mods should really be adding more flavor than that, imo.

If you do want to go the mod route though, you should ask whoever adapted the High Septon's election in the GOT mod if they can give you some tips.

I modded most of these features in to a mod for the game over the past few hours, though the Sanhedrin part still isn't working. I'll see if I can reverse-engineer the GoT mod, and maybe the developers will respond to this thread.