• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, you mentioned that your Duchy has 25/100 ticking up. This is probably de jure shift into France. In short, your de jure kingdom, the Kingdom of Aquitaine, does not exist, and your de facto liege, the King of France, is absorbing you into his de jure kingdom. If he does, people in your area will like him more, he'll be able to press de jure claims there if he loses the land, and it'll be transferred with France in a gavelkind inheritance, among other things. If you want to have your own kingdom, you basically have 75 years to get Aquitaine or it's gone. If the Duchy of Aquitaine still exists and is as big as it starts as, then try to gain independence with them, let them form Aquitaine, and swear fealty to them.

I noticed that in one game, the duchy of aquitane, but I guess the marriage system is too complicated for me to get it in the time allocated. You can't fabricate claims against other vassals of the same liege (or rather press them through war, I tried), so you are stuck trying to marry into a claim. I am still a rookie at that as with most game concepts. I look every five years for a way, in but unless there is just some random opportunity, I just can't seem to plot a way, as a lot of the time, there ARE no claimants to invite. Any advice on that?

Ah, thanks for the info in the second para. What I meant by civil war, is IRL, if my vassal just suddenly went indy, with no indication as to why, I would consider that a rebellion and crush him, when in reality, it was legal since my liege granted it to him. IRL, I think I would have been informed, just so I didn't crush him. So it's sort of a bug. I can accept that.

It's not really a bug, since it's there on purpose. Lieges sometimes did grant title to vassals of vassals, thereby making them equal or higher ranked than their former liege. This isn't a violation of the feudal contract, though if they were a de jure liege they'd probably play lip service to them, as William the Conqueror sort of did. You aren't Auvernge's de jure liege as Toulouse though, so it's a bit different. You could just crush him if you want, just go and fabricate a claim.

I noticed that in one game, the duchy of aquitane, but I guess the marriage system is too complicated for me to get it in the time allocated. You can't fabricate claims against other vassals of the same liege, so you are stuck trying to marry into a claim. I am still a rookie at that as with most game concepts. I look every five years for a way, in but unless there is just some random opportunity, I just can't seem to plot a way, as a lot of the time, there ARE no claimants to invite. Any advice on that?

You CAN fabricate claims on vassals of the same liege. But honestly you'd be better off scheming to get Aquitaine (as long as it's still one massive duchy) to join an independence faction, will the resulting war, wait for them to form the Kingdom, and become their vassal. Then you have all the time in the world to become ruler.

You CAN fabricate claims on vassals of the same liege. But honestly you'd be better off scheming to get Aquitaine (as long as it's still one massive duchy) to join an independence faction, will the resulting war, wait for them to form the Kingdom, and become their vassal. Then you have all the time in the world to become ruler.

Well, I tried to fabricate one and did, but could not press the claim as it said "X" on some thing to the effect of having the same liege as me. Did I misread that?

Well, I tried to fabricate one and did, but could not press the claim as it said "X" on some thing to the effect of having the same liege as me. Did I misread that?

Your liege has medium crown authority or more. You'll need to make a faction to decrease crown authority to Limited so you can attack other vassals.