Love Magicka - a few suggestions.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bogdanov89

Recruit
11 Badges
Jan 9, 2014
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka 2
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Dungeonland
I love magicka, i played all of it's DLCs and challenges - so i got a few suggestions that can greatly improve the game:

1. Make players able to join multiplayer games already in progress - i am really sad to see 10 multiplayer games in the online browser, all of them started and with only 1 or 2 players (no password).
Allowing players to join multiplayer games that are already in progress would instantly revive Magicka's multiplayer.

2. Add much tougher difficulty settings/options for Magicka campaigns/DLCs for both single and multi player.
Allowing us to vastly increase enemy health, damage, number of spawned enemies would greatly improve the enjoyment of replaying the awesome campaigns, since challenges get boring rather fast.

3. Give players the option of having a camera centered on their own character, instead of having some kind of "team shared" camera - this would greatly improve the UI and user-friendliness of Magicka.
You can still make the players unable to move away from each other, to prevent team splitting.

4. Poison immunity - i am not kidding. I know it can be removed with a simple self-heal, but having a ton of spitting poisonous spiders attacking you results in a permanent poisoned state.
Please make the life-immunity aura (E+W) also provide immunity to poisons.

5. Sometimes the element i chose first will simply disappear - this is most obvious when i press E and then very quickly spam a lot of D, usually the E element simply falls off without a reason and all i have left are DDDDD.

6. Sometimes the beams and the projectiles (like rocks) seem to pass right through the enemy without properly detecting the hit box collision - in other words, they fail to hit the target for no reason. This is really common against small enemies or against certain bosses like Fafnir (his belly), the big snake boss (head) and Cthulu, among others.

I love Magicka and i really hope the developers don't abandon it - at least not until the crucial first two of my suggestions are in the game