• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

klopkr

Chief suggester at the suggestion factory
107 Badges
Aug 12, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
Like the title says, the Empressive achievement isn't fireing for me. I'm using elective for the byzantine empire and I've had 4 empresses in a row. The achievement says 3 successive generations but does that mean i need it to go grandma > mother > daughter or is it generations like every new empress is a new generation like i originally though.

Like the title says, the Empressive achievement isn't fireing for me. I'm using elective for the byzantine empire and I've had 4 empresses in a row. The achievement says 3 successive generations but does that mean i need it to go grandma > mother > daughter or is it generations like every new empress is a new generation like i originally though.

I got my Empressive as Navarra, also using elective. I went Grandmother - Mother - Daughter and it unlocked fine so i assume you indeed need to not skip a generation for it.

Your current empress must have mother empress which mother was/is also an empress to get the achievement. Note the mother and her mother must be alive holding the imperial title or they must have died being empresses, deposed/abdicated ones wont count.

To check for the achievement, the game looks for 3 consecutive generations. So the current Empress must have her mother and grand mother that also were Empresses. They don't need to follow each other though, there could be a niece or sister in between.

I suppose that makes sense, given the risk that you could lose your empire, but I didn't dare to take the chance in an Ironman game this far up in time - last election was almost tied between the current empress and a prominent (male) councillor.
Oh well, worst case scenario, I'll just have to North Korea the achievement in a smaller empire sometime.

Thank you!