• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

johnkicks

Recruit
1 Badges
Dec 30, 2013
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
I'd recently purchased the game and after several hours playing - and several crashes while exiting the game - I experienced the dreaded insta-crash I've now read quite a bit about here. I backed up, reinstalled, ran disk utility - all to no avail. I assumed it was due to corruption of cached data (maybe in the Unity game engine?) because of the crashes at exit but had no where to start looking, so I just carpetbombed the problem with Onyx (http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadonyx.php), a system, file and disk maintenance utility.

Opening Onyx will prompt you for your administrator login and password and then will run a disk check of your startup. Once this is done you can go option by option (Verifying, Maintenance, Cleaning, etc) running the various tasks, or you can just hop straight to the Automation tab, check everything and then hit execute. I'd recommend Automation first with a nice reboot and if that doesn't fix your problem go back to the Cleaning tab and start flushing caches, etc. Also! I disabled Mission Control because I never use it, so if all else fails :p

All things equal, YMMV - this worked like a charm for me and I've got possibly the buggiest possible setup running. Good luck and I hope you can all get to (continue) playing this amazing game.