• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

postfux

Sergeant
17 Badges
Nov 21, 2013
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
Playing Austria I was in war with Bulgaria having Romania in between. I gave my Fighters a ground attack mission and thought they would violate Romanian airspace.

They had a better idea and took a route over Germany, around the continent and through the med and made it back with most of their fuel supply.

Happend on 1.09.

Upvote 0
I don´t think it´s a bug. You´re not allowed to enter neutral airspace when conducting an attack. Instead the AI looked for a possible attack route that would not be blocked. AFAIK the fuel consumption is calculated according to the distance between the starting and the target province, neglecting the actual route the planes take.

I dont know if this is technically called a bug but these planes a flying way more than the 350 km they should.

I feel your pain, but it's WAD (working as designed). :(

It'd really be nice to have a system which takes the actual usage of fuel and supplies (mostly ammo) into account so that your planes (or ships) return home once they reach a certain threshold.